Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thanks. skimming through that article, i saw one graph that showed some ultraviolet light produced and then towards the end i read that LEDs do not produce UV. anyone get something different from that?

It may be that the leds hit the wavelength of uv light but no adverse radiation??? No clue just a thought.

the wavelength is what makes it damaging. light is a particle and the wavelength makes it penetrate through further than most things we have floating around us.

I believe the radion has a few in that wavelength and isn't that considered the best one out there? Also the newest ai sol coming out is also going to have them and the top of the line custom builds are also having them? I think that is enough proof to say that someone is on to something with it? Just a thought?

Carey, how is it going with the ATO? I feel like I go through more water then when I did it daily, do you? It is nice to have more stability with salinity!

I absolutely LOVE it. lol I can't believe I was lugging all that water twice a day. It's the opposite for me though, it felt like I was adding more water before I got it. It could be the 10g tank I have for the reservoir too, only needs filling like once a week if that. :)

I'm considering getting an ATO with my 30 gal. I'm away for two and three days at a time at work (Firefighter) and was thinking it would be a good idea and keep my lovely wife from having to worry about it!

I also just installed a controller, for the same reason, and LOVE it!

Mike

Which controller did you get? Some have modules for an ATO like the reefkeeper. :) i am hoping to get the reefkeeper for this tank for christmas. Fingers crossed! Then I will move the JBJ ATO over to the 90g.

carey said:
I absolutely LOVE it. lol I can't believe I was lugging all that water twice a day. It's the opposite for me though, it felt like I was adding more water before I got it. It could be the 10g tank I have for the reservoir too, only needs filling like once a week if that. :)

I have a 5 gal bucket but only put about 2 at a time, that's probably my problem, lol! Going to do a 10 gal with the new tank.

Hi Carey,

I have the Neptune Apex and have to say my initial impression is very positive. I easily plugged it in to my network and can know access my tanks controls and monitoring from the internet via my computer, iPad or iPhone. Awesome!

I've done a lot of research on the ATO's and even emailed Neptune, which by the way have been great in answering all of my questions and providing me instruction to get some things dialed in properly! I even had Curt return an email to me at 9pm, something I never expected.

With a breakout box, I can wire a couple of inexpensive switches and program an outlet to control a pump in a supply to keep the tank filled. I keep going back to the Tunze model for a couple of reasons. It is an all in one package, so it will save me time and effort, and I'm sure mistakes, in getting it done the right way. If I go that direction, I'll program the controller to only turn on the ATO four times a day for a limited time. That way, I can avoid accidentally overflowing the tank in the event of a switch failure.

Anyway, I really hope that Santa brings you that Reef Keeper for Christmas!

Mike

Thanks Mike. :)

I too was gonna go with the apex but the ato that DA has and the moonlight controller really got me hooked. lol Plus it's lot cheaper so maybe Santa CAN drop that in my stocking this year. hehe....

Here's some pictures hopefully. Trying to get the hang of a new iPod. Lol

Attachments

• image-2952769509.jpg
    image-2952769509.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 122
  • image-1557270164.jpg
    image-1557270164.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 138
  • image-4002384189.jpg
    image-4002384189.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 131
Yep never thought I'd go apple but I love it. Gonna get the iPhone for sure now. LOL. How do I upload a video with it to this site though? I have it on YouTube just can't figure it out

carey said:
Yep never thought I'd go apple but I love it. Gonna get the iPhone for sure now. LOL. How do I upload a video with it to this site though? I have it on YouTube just can't figure it out

You have to copy and paste the link. Hold down on the address, then click select all, and copy. The hold down when you go to reply and hit paste. :)

redsea said:
You have to copy and paste the link. Hold down on the address, then click select all, and copy. The hold down when you go to reply and hit paste. :)

Hmmmm, I don't think that you can upload a video directly from the app, maybe that will come along in the future sometime. :)

Back
Top Bottom