Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Umm I'd say the home depot bulb would be enough, I currently have a regular old lamp with this blue growing bulb from home depot on my sump and the macro grows fine. That is a pretty cool light though.

If you are so worried about jumpers you should make a top for the tank, I'll post pics of the one we made if you want. All fish can be potential jumpers. I've had clowns that jump, sandsifting gobys that jump, sixline wrasses, dartfish, list goes on. There are fish that are more jumpy and scared easily though like the firefish and dartfish. They are always less likely to jump though once they are established and have a good hiding hole under some rock.

Thanks kelsey... :-D

Do you think a mh fixture would be better than the t5 I have? I have the current extreme pro 12 bulb 72" fixture.

I would say yes, they would be about equal in watts if it's the 3x150MH but the 3x250 would definitely be an upgrade. I like the look of MH on my tanks personally. Do you have a link to the photo??

Oh make sure to ask how old the bulbs are though because if they need replacing it's around $90 per bulb (well that's what I pay to get one from my LFS, I'm sure cheaper could be found)

I use the clip on style from home depot with a curly-que type bulb. The one that's rated 6500 Kelvin. It's the one that say daylight or something like that.

Cool. Maybe the guy will actually respond lol. Still cleaning the tank and re sealing it.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110521_134000.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110521_134000.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 174
All people see is me dragging in fish tanks so I don't think they are too surprised. LOL It's a pretty rural street so not too many neighbors. :)

Got the tank all cleaned up and heading out to buy a skimmer. :) I used the epoxy again on the glass gouge and it looks pretty solid to me. Got it into all the nooks and crannies.

my b/f calls me the crazy fish head. :-D LOL

Next week will be THE shopping week to end all others! Getting everything ordered on MOnday or Tuesday.

Might even get some livestock, all depends.

I'll let you guys know.
Thanks everyone!

I still have 7 other tanks I can stock ;-)

I'm in the market for a midas blenny, sand sifting star or something else interesting for my cube or my 55g.

LOL

careeyyy check my lighting thread ;)
pics as you requested!

(PS: I checked out a scooter blenny at the LFS :| adorable!)

Just picked up my protein skimmer!!! 109$ much cheaper than online. Gonna start painting when I get home.

Back
Top Bottom