Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
carey said:
Thanks guys. Sad to see a good fish go. I have no idea how long their life span is supposed to be but a year seems much too soon. All my water parameters are good, just in case anyone wondered. I have some high phosphates but thats about it. I've been testing for an ammonia spike since he went missing, but so far not even a blip. I don't expect one, I think the bio filter in my tank is like 200%, I never get a blip when anything dies. Even when Bob the sea hare passed and he was like a foot long. lol

" bob" the sea hare ? Lol

Bob was one of my first purchases. he was only an inch or two long...he was a great little creature. managed to make it about 8 months and he never got into the powerheads or anything. Such a good Bob......

carey said:
Bob was one of my first purchases. he was only an inch or two long...he was a great little creature. managed to make it about 8 months and he never got into the powerheads or anything. Such a good Bob......

Sorry about bob..

That name kills me:p "such a good bob.." lol!

As soon as I saw him I was like well, "bob" it is. He just looked like a bob. Haven't seen him in a few months so I'm sure he has gone to the great reef in the sky. lol

kmirtsching said:
Rdnelson, when is that frag swap and is it open to the public? I am in NC and have been looking for something like that to go to the just not alot around here.

PM sent

LOL, My lawnmower blenny has been missing for about 6 days. he usually comes out at least to eat but so far nothing. :-( Bob passed a few months ago. ;-)

Thanks. :) Been discussing what to do with that fish slot with the boyfriend. I do have another lawnmower blenny in the 20g for now, waiting on the 60g to go up, but anyways, we could put him in the 125g. It was considered my b/f's fish so I'm kinda leaving it up to him. Although now he gets to stock 2 fish since his clown went pergo surfing a month or two ago. He has the worst luck with picking out fish. And his first clownfish pick disappeared one day in the 125g so the b/f is now on clown number 3 while my little misbar male just swims along. lol

What do you guys do when you lose a fish? Do you directly replace him or get another fish completely? I have only tried twice with my squareback anthias, and the second time is the charm it seems, but any other fish that has died I havent gotten again. Am I just weird? hehe....

carey said:
Thanks. :) Been discussing what to do with that fish slot with the boyfriend. I do have another lawnmower blenny in the 20g for now, waiting on the 60g to go up, but anyways, we could put him in the 125g. It was considered my b/f's fish so I'm kinda leaving it up to him. Although now he gets to stock 2 fish since his clown went pergo surfing a month or two ago. He has the worst luck with picking out fish. And his first clownfish pick disappeared one day in the 125g so the b/f is now on clown number 3 while my little misbar male just swims along. lol

What do you guys do when you lose a fish? Do you directly replace him or get another fish completely? I have only tried twice with my squareback anthias, and the second time is the charm it seems, but any other fish that has died I havent gotten again. Am I just weird? hehe....

Replace" bob the sea hare" :)

I thought about it for a second. When I tell people I had a sea hare that lasted over 8 months usually they are shocked he made it that long. So I feel I gave Bob a good life and better than some other schmoe would have. LOL

I do miss him, he was the only fish i ever really held or picked up. I sometimes found him floating in the tank on the top of the water so I would put him back to the rocks. LOL My little marshmallow hehe...so ugly he was cute!

carey said:
I thought about it for a second. When I tell people I had a sea hare that lasted over 8 months usually they are shocked he made it that long. So I feel I gave Bob a good life and better than some other schmoe would have. LOL

I do miss him, he was the only fish i ever really held or picked up. I sometimes found him floating in the tank on the top of the water so I would put him back to the rocks. LOL My little marshmallow hehe...so ugly he was cute!

I officially cast my vote for replacing " bob the sea hare ". :)

lol Dary. I'm scared if I get a second one he will suffer the fate of so many sea hares and meet an early demise. I hate having fish die under my watch. Makes me depressed. :-(

carey said:
lol Dary. I'm scared if I get a second one he will suffer the fate of so many sea hares and meet an early demise. I hate having fish die under my watch. Makes me depressed. :-(

The legacy of " bob the sea hare " must continue.... I will NOT detract my vote lol ..... Btw what did he eat? ,..any pic's?

Since I had no algae he ate algae sheets i used to clip down near the sand at night. :)

img_1806377_0_3ba07832c2f46bebaba6d3983d2ad295.jpg

img_1806377_1_90995ea674679b12fecebc3bd985acab.jpg

Back
Top Bottom