Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
carey said:
Thats just a green warpaint clown goby. :) he is such a little character! he loves to hang out in the corals, he nests in my toadstool. lol

Awesome. Definitely on my stocklist for my pico. I'd do a firefish instead but it'll probably be overstocking. Thanks

Very nice!

I really like the picture with the Anthias!

Have you ever worried that you might bring a fish over to the 125g when you move the frag racks back over? :lol:

I hadn't thought of that. I'll have to make sure there are no stow aways on the racks. LOL

I found a serpent starfish and snail last night in my water change garbage can. haha It must have ridden in on the powerhead I took out of the 125g to mix water and salt with. LOL

carey said:
I hadn't thought of that. I'll have to make sure there are no stow aways on the racks. LOL

I found a serpent starfish and snail last night in my water change garbage can. haha It must have ridden in on the powerhead I took out of the 125g to mix water and salt with. LOL

Lol! All sorts of hitchhikers! I guess they wanted a change of scenery.

I do remember how Candy ended up in the 125g by hiding in a rock. That must have been pretty weird to see her in the 125g.

Do you kno3w I still feel bad about that? lol I really wish I still had her, she'd be perfect in the new 60g. :) Poor little candy, god knows what got her in that tank....:-(

Picked up a copperband butterfly today. Here's hoping it does well for me. :)

The LFS has had him in their coral tank for the last month and he ate like a champ today so I think I have a good shot. Acclimating as I type. lol

Pictures of course will be up soon!

I caught a picture of the fish in the bucket and figure I won't get a clear shot in the tank until everyone settles in. So here he is, Mr copperband butterfly. It's a pretty large fish too and has been an angel from catching him in the tank at the LFS to getting him in my bucket. lol he doesn't look stressed at all. :-D

img_1843400_0_92581e6e20288b814be3f6c3b7adea6b.jpg

so the fish has been in for like 20-30 min. It went straight to the left side back rocks. lol One by one each fish has come over to investigate him, no aggression at all. No tail swiping from the yellow which is the first time he hasn't done that to a new fish. I took a quick video of him starting to explore the tank, since the video he has gotten abotu 3/4 of the way across and still no issues. It looks like the other fish are scared of him lol. He is almost the size of twitchy tang. lol

I plan on leaving the blues on for another hour or two and then i will try to feed the tank. I will rest ALOT easier if I see him eat in MY tank. :)

Are copperbands like mandarins that can sitch off prepared foods whenever? Or once they eat it then you're good to go?

thanks!! here is the video, it's a silent one so you won't hear me yattering on and on. HAHA

http://youtu.be/1sWLMDYhFXE

Quick video, poor quality plus the tank is only lit by blues. The copperband has been in the tank bout half an hour now and so far so good. Most of the fish went over to his spot for now and investigated him and then moved on. Since I shot the video he has explored more of the tank, about 3/4 of it so far. lol

Does anyone know if these fish can revert off prepared foods like mandarins do? Or is it ok once he is eating it?

And here is the short, non narrated video, no yattering from me. LOL

http://youtu.be/1sWLMDYhFXE

Nice addition! I love mine. He eats just as well as the tangs do. Lol

cool. thats good to hear. I didn't know you had a copperband butterfly. :) Did he alwasy eat fine or did it take awhile? Mine just demolished the brine shrimp the LFS put in the tank so I'm hoping he will eat here as well. How long have you had yours? Any issue with all those tangs?

Thanks!

The guys in the saltwater department at my job say that copperbands will usually keep eating if they are kept well(which im sure you'll keep him
In pristine condition) but there is a chance he may stop eating prepared foods.

carey said:
cool. thats good to hear. I didn't know you had a copperband butterfly. :) Did he alwasy eat fine or did it take awhile? Mine just demolished the brine shrimp the LFS put in the tank so I'm hoping he will eat here as well. How long have you had yours? Any issue with all those tangs?

Thanks!

He was a little skittish to eat at first- only going for pods- but now he eats mysis when I feed and grazes In between. I've had mine for a few months now and he is fat. Lol. My yellow didn't pick on him either- which was odd since he is the tank jerk (yellow tang). All my tangs leave him alone. He actually hangs around the fox face lo though quite a bit.

Butterfly took a tiny bit of mysis today but thats it. :-( He is kinda hiding on the right side now, the yellow tang has been chasing him. Not flashing his tail at him but still chasing him.

Any advice? or is it too early to tell yet?

My Copperband has been in for 3 months, with a slightly larger yellow and kole. The yellow was definitely more aggressive, kole could pretty much care less. He wouldn't strike, but he would flash and show his dominance. It took about a week or so for him to accept it. Since then everybody has been fine. The Copperband was also eating frozen s. shrimp at the LFS, and still eats it and Mysis. Between feedings he grazes, mostly on pods and I think it's some form or Carribean Tube worm? Which is what I was hoping, the tube worm is becoming pest-like! Under yellow in pic. If you know what it is, please let me know. If not, I'll put a better pic of it on ID. Anyway, love my Copperband, and you probably will too! Good luck with the feedings!

View attachment 81700

carey said:
Butterfly took a tiny bit of mysis today but thats it. :-( He is kinda hiding on the right side now, the yellow tang has been chasing him. Not flashing his tail at him but still chasing him.

Any advice? or is it too early to tell yet?

It took a little while for mine to start eating mysis. And he did hide for about a week as well- but now is always front a center.

Attachments

• image-2268459041.jpg
    image-2268459041.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 83
Oh, he's beautiful! Nice photo. :) Mine just snacked on a little bit of mysis a little while ago and is still kinda hiding. I'll be kicking the blues on earlier than usual, just wanted the corals to get some light today. Hopefully it's just a matter of a few days acclimating to the tank. If he isn't eating alot more by the end of the week i will be bringing him back to the lfs. :-(

Back
Top Bottom