Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-08-2011, 11:23 AM   #1741
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
I put the system together myself, it wasnt a used tank. I'm pretty sure its the blue tang that started all this. But I prob will never know.

I still intend on QT'ing anything that goes into the big tank, just to be sure. My cube isnt heavily stocked at all and neither is the pico so think I can be safe in those tanks.

I'm waiting on a used 20g or so tank with stand from the inlaws that I will use as a QT since I think a 10g will be too small. I also ruled out using my 55g as a QT, well I think I did anyways. Life would be ALOT easier if I just used that tank. LOL
I don't understand,I thought the tank in question was a used tank per your very first post.

Old 07-08-2011, 11:28 AM   #1742
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricksreef

I don't understand,I thought the tank in question was a used tank per your very first post.
i think she means it wasn't set up used ( fish water already in etc )

xxwolfpackof1xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:29 AM   #1743
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Yeah, the tank and stand are the only used things. Everything else was new. Oh, and the LR was moved from my other tanks to add up to the 200lbs or so I have now.

The tank hadn't been used in months though and was thoroughly cleaned out several times. It also was water tested for about 2 weeks too.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:31 AM   #1744
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxwolfpackof1xx View Post
i think she means it wasn't set up used ( fish water already in etc )

Did you ever read back through wolf to see what happened to my tank? I lost my ORA clowns. :-( I'm really sad about that. And most of my other fish too

I have the yellow tang, a pink spotted watchman goby and a lawnmower blenny left.

It was just horrible.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:34 AM   #1745
Aquarium Advice Addict

i tried sooo many pages i drowned in them! so from my understanding an unknown plauge just wipped through your tank?
Old 07-08-2011, 11:39 AM   #1746
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Yeah, it seems the blue tang came in sick and took out the tank. I lost the ora clowns, a royal gramma, the kole tang, the blue tang and the anthias.

Do you remember when I killed my candycane goby in my cube? Well, LOL, he is in the 125 now and still alive. Just saw him yesterday. lol you were right abotu him.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:41 AM   #1747
Aquarium Advice Addict

hm....this is weird the others are fine righ?
Old 07-08-2011, 11:45 AM   #1748
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

So far. The last ones to die were the clowns about a week ago. Whatever it is it kills the fish in like 24 hours. Each fish died within a day of each other. Really weird. But the last 3 look fine. The symptoms are stopping eating and then they hide really well. Then within 24 hrs the fish would die. These last 3 are still eating and not hiding.

I'm hoping I have seen the last of whatever it was. I'm not adding anything for a bit just in case.

Now, how about you? I don't see any fish in your sw tank!! Get on that!
Old 07-08-2011, 11:47 AM   #1749
Aquarium Advice Addict

a 24hr killer?! yikes i thought nothing did that and i start work monday and get paid that following friiday so guess whos hopefully gona get fish that weekend! i just dont know what to get to be honest
Old 07-08-2011, 11:52 AM   #1750
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

You'll find something really awesome. Youll see. Just don't rush into the fish, you can't have that many so you wanna make your selections very carefully.

You should check out my pico build too, I've added soo much into it. It looks totally awesome! My favorite tank right now. And I ordered FW fish and shrimp from severum mama for my new 20L tank, I'm waiting on the mailman right now to deliver my new babies.

Sorry to flaunt my own threads, but youve been away for awhile i didn't want you to miss anything! LOL

Tags
1.5g, build, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com