Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-14-2011, 06:47 PM   #1871
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2blade View Post
I'd love to join you guys/girls some day

for now I am happy to read and enjoy your SW posts

It's really not as hard as it seems. As long as you have some solid advice and knowledge you can make it work. I was a freshy girl myself, for many decades, but now I'm a convert i think. LOL

I'm glad you enjoyed the thread. it really was full of a lot of good information that touched on almost every aspect of reefkeeping.
Thanks so much for reading thru it!

Old 07-14-2011, 07:40 PM   #1872
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to kurtyboh Send a message via Skype™ to kurtyboh
Im kinda surprised it only took three days to get through it...

Old 07-15-2011, 12:07 AM   #1873
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
It's really not as hard as it seems. As long as you have some solid advice and knowledge you can make it work. I was a freshy girl myself, for many decades, but now I'm a convert i think. LOL

I'm glad you enjoyed the thread. it really was full of a lot of good information that touched on almost every aspect of reefkeeping.
Thanks so much for reading thru it!

Convert.........or..........convict?

@kurtyboh...Careful now, she will get you addicted and you will end up with MTS in no time at all.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 12:52 AM   #1874
Aquarium Advice Addict

@buffy it wasnt me if followed the thread from the beginning i believe it was s2blade who read in 3days
Old 07-15-2011, 12:58 AM   #1875
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I'm happy to report it's been over 2 weeks I believe since the death plaque hit my tank and everything seems fine still. I have the added clowns from the biocube in there now since they were killing my yellow watchman goby.

So we have happy clowns, the happy spotted goby and the lawnmower, oh and the Tang all seemingly doing well.

How long is it between ich infestations? i understand it infects then falls to the sand and then is reborn so to be speak. I wanna see how long til I can cross out ich.

In the same tone, with marine velvet, doesnt it stay active in the water? I didn't think it had a life cycle like ich did. or could the fish in there be immune? And if so will it die off on its own with no fish to kill and infect?

I don't really know much about diseases so any help or links are cool!

Thank You!!
Old 07-15-2011, 01:44 AM   #1876
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Ultimately if it doesn't have a host it'll starve and die....I'm not 100% sure with velvet, but I know that's the case with ich, only thing with ich is if you wait till night time and turn only your actinics on and take an low upper glance at your fish, you should see the ich spots glowing yellow or green, I know that sometimes ich can form in their gills but you should still be able to spot it with actinic
huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:48 AM   #1877
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by huma-huma
Ultimately if it doesn't have a host it'll starve and die....I'm not 100% sure with velvet, but I know that's the case with ich, only thing with ich is if you wait till night time and turn only your actinics on and take an low upper glance at your fish, you should see the ich spots glowing yellow or green, I know that sometimes ich can form in their gills but you should still be able to spot it with actinic
Really good idea and valuable knowledge.... and carey what does MTS mean im sure its so simple but I can't put it together... kinda how my daughter txt me aus the other day...
Old 07-15-2011, 09:20 AM   #1878
Aquarium Advice Addict

Not carey, but ill answer with marine tank syndrome... just have to have more and more
Old 07-15-2011, 09:36 AM   #1879
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Marine Ich

Marine Ich/Cryptocaryon irritans - A Discussion of this Parasite and the Treatment Options Available, Part I by Steven Pro - Reefkeeping.com
Old 07-15-2011, 10:05 AM   #1880
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

MTS= multiple tank syndrome

Thanks for the other link leftyfish, I think these were better than the other ones I've seen.

SO, let's ASSUME I had ich kill my fish over 2 weeks ago. There are no signs at all of it, even under blues on any remaining fish. I have also added 2 fish to the tank since. So the parasite could be maturing in the sand correct? And this could take up to 28 days? If it is ich won't my fish become affected within those 28 days? Or shortly thereafter?

I'm trying to rule out ich and just need to understand the time table. If after 28 days of initial "infection" there is no re-occurence then is it safe to assume it wasn't ich?

Also, bad new.....my last cleaner shrimp has gone missing. :-(
BUT BUT BUT I saw a thread just before where someone caught their tang eating and pecking at cleaner shrimp. Anyone think now maybe the pistol shrimp isn't killing them but the tang is?

Thanks so much for everything!

Tags
1.5g, build, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com