Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-15-2011, 08:48 PM   #1901
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

True enough, I'll be asking him what "HE" dipped it in etc..I'd be willing to accept that it was a fluke or even if I contributed to it all, just wish I knew. Even months from now I'll be second guessing myself when I add fish.

I've bought almost every fish I have form this one store and he is very willing to order me what I want so I don't wanna mess up the good relationship I have with the owner. It'd make me feel alot better if he just gave me a fish or at least a discount on one. I think he's gonna cut me a deal on the mandarin at least. I wanted a red or blue one that was ORA, usually the ORA ones are the green spotted ones. Guess we'll see. I so wanna go right now and find out LOL

Old 07-15-2011, 08:59 PM   #1902
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Go and find out! Nothing wrong with visiting

huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:12 PM   #1903
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by huma-huma
Go and find out! Nothing wrong with visiting
I agree with huma.. take your bf with u have him ask some questions.. Im not one but some males feel they can take advantage of a female.. remind him how much you have spent and remind him you go there for the quality of fish u have purchased... im 100% sure after that speech he will cut u some break.. he should know repeat business is the best business and wont want to lose you as a customer.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:23 PM   #1904
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

He also knows I'm in the market to fill all my tanks and to do my new build, I was asking about prices the other day. I go every week to check out his stock and see what I can buy. I actually travel an hour each way to go to this store.

Choices are slim pickins around here. lol And my b/f would be useless, I am quite formidable when it comes to money. I used to be an investor for a private firm on wall street, I have no issue with stating how things are and am known to be quite blunt and persistent. hehe...

fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on ME....
Old 07-15-2011, 09:26 PM   #1905
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
He also knows I'm in the market to fill all my tanks and to do my new build, I was asking about prices the other day. I go every week to check out his stock and see what I can buy. I actually travel an hour each way to go to this store.

Choices are slim pickins around here. lol And my b/f would be useless, I am quite formidable when it comes to money. I used to be an investor for a private firm on wall street, I have no issue with stating how things are and am known to be quite blunt and persistent. hehe...

fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on ME....
Go u... in that case. I retract my comment...
Old 07-15-2011, 09:33 PM   #1906
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to kurtyboh Send a message via Skype™ to kurtyboh
I wasnt meaning that copper was introduced into the tank from the tang, but rather the first tang died from copper poisoning (already insie the fish, it doesnt really release one attatched) as that fish was dieing other fish took the opportunity to snack which in turnef poisoned them.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:39 PM   #1907
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Hmm, didn't consider that possiblity. But what about the clowns? They for sure weren't involved with snacking and they died last, days after the fish was gone. Good point though, maybe that tang had something on him, and not necessarily a disease either. Could be almost anything.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:44 PM   #1908
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
Hmm, didn't consider that possiblity. But what about the clowns? They for sure weren't involved with snacking and they died last, days after the fish was gone. Good point though, maybe that tang had something on him, and not necessarily a disease either. Could be almost anything.
I say go ahead and put a fish in and see what happens... of somthing happens wait 2 monthes if somthing doesn't go ahead and continue stocking
Old 07-15-2011, 09:56 PM   #1909
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I put in 2 clownfish already from another tank. I had to move them they were killing a new fish in my cube. That was on Tuesday I think. So far nothing out of the ordinary with any of the fish. The clowns seem happy enough and no symptoms of anything. Everyone is eating adn acting normal for them.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:10 PM   #1910
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to kurtyboh Send a message via Skype™ to kurtyboh
Couldnt the clowns have snacked on the others feces, which if they had been poisoned could have been a smaller dose which is why it took longer. Im unsure as to how plausible that is, but its a sound theory. Too bad i cant remember who first suggested it

Tags
1.5g, build, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com