Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-16-2011, 09:23 PM   #1951
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
Yeah, it's along the edge. Not sure if maybe he's stressed or if its' something more. I think I may be paranoid now. LOL
I'm not familiar with fish yet as you know, but is his top fin supposed to be shaped like that. I mean to me it kind of looks like he "combed" his "hair". The way it flows. It's not "straight" up. And if it's not supposed to be straight up, is it supposed to be "flowing" back?

Hope that makes sense.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:59 PM   #1952
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yes.. They lay their fins back. They put them up when they are excited. Ours puts her dorsal fin up every time my husband opens the lid to the tank. She is like one of Pavlov's dogs. Lol

Old 07-16-2011, 10:31 PM   #1953
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Any updates carey, discoloring spreading? Going away?
huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:36 PM   #1954
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Well, the blues are on right now so it doesnt appear brown anymore. There are thankfully no spots I can see. It's been hiding since the water change, I tried to catch him but it wasn't working so I let him be. If he is just stressed i don't wanna add to it. If he gets worse I will just have to break down the tank and get him out. Even if I get him into a qt I have no idea what, if anything to treat for.

The clowns, they were added last week are having a blast though, they are surfing the return, too funny...They catch the wave and then swim back into it and repeat. They've been doing that all afternoon.

The other fish seem fine no changes. I'll be running some water tests in a bit, see if anything is outta whack
Old 07-16-2011, 11:00 PM   #1955
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by huma-huma View Post
If done properly no

Am gonna have to learn about the "properly" method. Heck I'm just gonna have to learn qt in any way shape or form lol

@Carey, sent you pm.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Old 07-16-2011, 11:10 PM   #1956
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
Am gonna have to learn about the "properly" method. Heck I'm just gonna have to learn qt in any way shape or form lol

@Carey, sent you pm.

Got the pm, I'm reading through it now, thanks so very much for taking the time out to do some research. Much appreciated. So far I haven't seen anything that jumps out at me but I'm still looking.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:16 PM   #1957
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
Got the pm, I'm reading through it now, thanks so very much for taking the time out to do some research. Much appreciated. So far I haven't seen anything that jumps out at me but I'm still looking.

I saw so many things I started getting confused, I sent you 1 or 2 I think that just had good info, one is a database type on fish and stuff.

I've got to try to remember a few of the others I saw that had more info. Only problem is they all basically say the same about the basic diseases and such, but I DID run across one that talking about the brown you're seeing and I'll be darned that I can't find it.

I'm still looking for "poisoning" too but they are about the ocean fish and not about "aquarium" fish.

I'll keep looking though. (P.S. I'm selfish, cause as I'm looking for you, I'm learning for me hehehe)

Old 07-16-2011, 11:25 PM   #1958
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Lol buffy a proper qt qould be a decent sized tank to fit the fish in, dropping a juvenile lionfish in a 10g isn't exactly healthy lol
Old 07-16-2011, 11:46 PM   #1959
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by huma-huma View Post
Lol buffy a proper qt qould be a decent sized tank to fit the fish in, dropping a juvnile lionfish in a 10g isn't exactly healthy lol
Why? I mean it's little. I don't know what size tank they need but we'll use it as an example. If the juvenille lionfish is going into my 75 gallon (assume the 75 is proper size lol) and he is just a baby, why can't he go into qt for 4 weeks and then into the 75. He'll still be little when he gets there.

Sorry Carey, I'll shut up. Don't wanna thread hog.

You must've not seen other post. Was there anything wrong with his poop? Well for that matter was there anything wrong with the other's. One of the sites I was reading mentioned it. And go figure I can't remember that one or the one that talked about the brown color in it. I know there's one somewhere, it may be totally not what it is, but I gotta find it again cause then I didn't know what the symptoms were. So I didn't make note.

Rates.

Old 07-17-2011, 12:48 AM   #1960
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I was speaking more towards a hospital qt rather than new member qt and I must say that this endemic that carey is going thru/went thru is seriously perplexing...it seems like no matter what angle you try to grasp, it doesn't add up.

Tags
1.5g, build, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com