Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-17-2011, 05:40 PM   #1971
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

that is very true and maya did bring up a good point. If carey is using rodi water in all of her tanks. Shouldn't she be seeing ph problems in every tank? There's gotta be something different about the 125 in question from the other tanks, carey are you still attempting the bucket and airstone test? If the ph raises on that test, that has to point towards either surface disturbance issue or her corals I'd think

huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 06:35 PM   #1972
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Ok, so I did the ph test inside and outside. The ph staayed the same inside after over an hour and the ph went UP when I had it doing it outside. So it's a in house co2 issue. I will try to air out the house this week and go without air for a day.

Yeah Buffy, according to my TDS it's at 0. My tap reads 243. I don't know of any test kits for chloramines, I did however put in some prime recently just in case.

The tang looks the same as yesterday, still has those reddish brown areas near where his fins attach on the top and bottom. Eyes are clear, no white spots still or any gill issues. He is breathing normally.

Oh, and I am experiencing PH issues in every tank. I tested them all. My cichlid tank is especially low.

Old 07-17-2011, 06:51 PM   #1973
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sorry bout your pH. If you go without ac please watch yourtank temps. Even if they stay "within range" and they fluctuate that can cause toxicity also. Not all disease and toxicities will have a fish show breathing issues. From what I've read anyways. The unknown causes of Toxicity have been showing that the fluctuations in parameters is more a problem that a slightly high but STEADY parameters.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:06 PM   #1974
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Yep, I'm gonna be on the ph now when I test for everything else. If it stays stable I wouldnt mind just want my old ph back lol. I keep my tanks at about 79 so I have some wiggle room.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:16 PM   #1975
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

This is just perplexing.... So its not tank specific and its an tank exterior cause...I sure hope airing out the house will produce some results
Old 07-17-2011, 07:38 PM   #1976
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I'm confused. Are you losing livestock in other tanks as well? And how did you arrive at the conclusion that ph was the issue? Or is the ph a secondary problem? And why are you worried about your O2/CO2 levels? We are still talking about the 125 saltwater tank, right?
Old 07-18-2011, 01:57 AM   #1977
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I just did a ph test today and the results had me worried and curious. I don't think the ph issue had anything to do with the fish dying in the one tank. But I also don't wanna add to any issues i may have already lol.

I did the water test by aerating tank water both inside and outside of the house and the outside water had a normal ph, the inside sample was the same as my tanks.

On another note, the tang is still the same. Not sure if he's stressed or what but he hasnt gotten any worse so I'm watching carefully.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:50 AM   #1978
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

well on semi-good note, its been 24 hours and hes still kicking (knock on wood) so IF theres something wrong with him, its prob not the mystery killer we been tryin to track down
Old 07-18-2011, 10:32 AM   #1979
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Thats exactly what i was thinking. And he's still eating and not hiding really. I hope this lasts. lol

Still not gonna add any fish for a bit more. The clowns are almost kinda a test run. If anything shows up on them then I yank em and qt em. They are having a blast in this tank though. They are body surfing ALL DAY long. It so cool to see em fly six feet at great speeds then turn around and do it again. LOL
Old 07-18-2011, 11:00 AM   #1980
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

OMG, white lights just came on and the tang is perfect! No spoltches or anything to be found. I'm guessing it was just stress hopefully. He is as yellow as can be! I am so happy!!

Tags
1.5g, build, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com