Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-18-2011, 12:25 PM   #2201
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Have you seen melsous's tanks? OMG! awesome ness. Thats the tank i strive for. Mr. X also has had some really spectacular setups as well.

But thanks for the compliment.

Old 08-18-2011, 12:30 PM   #2202
Aquarium Advice Addict

Dont sell yourself short.

Old 08-18-2011, 12:44 PM   #2203
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yea like the old ciggy add used to say "You've come a long way baby"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
I did it. I actually bought another 125g tank and stand. Paid $100 for it. Needs some work though. I plan on painting it all black to start off with. Also, one of the plastic support pieces is melted a little. Is this going to cause me any problems?

I'm afraid I jumped the gun on this one a bit because of the price......Theres also a small chip of glass missing from a corner which I didn't see til I was unloading it. :-(

Pictures below, any input or opinions on this issue please post!

SPS = Stability Promotes Success
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:48 PM   #2204
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I know right? I can't believe it's the same tank! Alot of work went into it though so I'm glad its all worked out.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:42 PM   #2205
Aquarium Advice Addict

Awesome job! Gives me continued inspiration daily.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:58 PM   #2206
Aquarium Advice Addict

ha half makes me want to throw my cichlids back in the 75 gallon sw im working on and do it to my 125. still have yet to put a drop of salt in it... im on my way to check for leaks.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:04 PM   #2207
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

It's been two weeks since I got my blue tang and put him into qt. He hasn't shown any signs of ich, stress or anything else. other than him sleeping in his side under a rock he has been a perfect fish, a little shy but happy and healthy. He also never lost his bright blue color which I gather is something that happens to tanhs when they get stressed.

When do you think I can move him over? I wanted to order a set of blue reef chromis next so I would want the tang out of the qt just in case the chromis have something.

Is two weeks enough? I've spoken to some veryhighly regarded members and some don't even qt! I know alot of people will qt for a month of longer but in my case is that necessary? The 125g has been stable since the deaths a few months ago, none of the fish have exhibited any issues or stress.

I'm just kinda sad watching the blue swim around all by himself all the time, I think he needs company.

Would moving him over this weekend sound ok?
Old 08-22-2011, 04:07 PM   #2208
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
It's been two weeks since I got my blue tang and put him into qt. He hasn't shown any signs of ich, stress or anything else. other than him sleeping in his side under a rock he has been a perfect fish, a little shy but happy and healthy. He also never lost his bright blue color which I gather is something that happens to tanhs when they get stressed.

When do you think I can move him over? I wanted to order a set of blue reef chromis next so I would want the tang out of the qt just in case the chromis have something.

Is two weeks enough? I've spoken to some veryhighly regarded members and some don't even qt! I know alot of people will qt for a month of longer but in my case is that necessary? The 125g has been stable since the deaths a few months ago, none of the fish have exhibited any issues or stress.

I'm just kinda sad watching the blue swim around all by himself all the time, I think he needs company.

Would moving him over this weekend sound ok?
That is what I would do. My blue hippo sleeps sideways under a rock also.
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:14 PM   #2209
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'll 2nd it As long as it's not showing signs of stress it should be ok Most times just shipping then moving them from box to tank causes enough stress to show any problems

SPS = Stability Promotes Success
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:39 PM   #2210
Aquarium Advice Freak

That's all I do from the good health any slip ups I restart the count down

Tags
1.5g, build, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com