Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-23-2011, 02:05 AM   #2211
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

i know this doesnt quite answer the question but i have to share, i found my Picasso trigger doing the same exact thing, sleeping in his usual spot, but he was on his side. i used my feeding extension to gently poke him...he didnt move...fearing the worst i pushed him a lil more, finally he slowly woke up and backed out all groggy...guess i caught him really snoozing good lol

huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:51 AM   #2212
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

LOL, thats funny. I thought my porcelain crab was dead yesterday for sure, so I started poking at it and nothing. Went to get my tweezers to pluck him out and he was gone. lol Silly fish scaring me like that. lol

My tang is a lazy one too, the house lights are on now but he's still under his rock asleep. Wish I could sleep that well .hehe

Old 08-23-2011, 12:03 PM   #2213
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ha. Is that the official method enforced by aa users? "when in doubt poke it with a stick?"

Still waiting until the weekend to add to your dt? That must be a long wait. I envy your patience.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:04 PM   #2214
Aquarium Advice Addict

Endorsed. Not enforced. Sorry auto spell on my phone
Old 08-23-2011, 12:09 PM   #2215
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

When in doubt poke it with a stick LOL.

I am just itching to get the tang into the 125g. means I can get my blue reef chromis and add them to the DT. I'm always planning ahead.....

Also considering a diamon back sand sifting goby but Idon't think i will DT him cause of the live food in the sand thing. I know theres plenty in the 125g not so sure about the DT though.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:28 PM   #2216
Aquarium Advice Addict

Id QT em he'll eat the food you toss him it's just he'd rather have what he can find in the sand bed
And thats my motto "When in doubt poke it with a stick"

SPS = Stability Promotes Success
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:40 PM   #2217
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Never thought about it but thats a heck of a motto for our hobby lol
huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:29 PM   #2218
Aquarium Advice Regular

Carey, I just have the same problem as you with the ich, I will like to know if you left all your rocks and sand like that or did you empty your tank and restart again? Sorry to bother you but I am at the same point right now, thanks in advance.
Old 08-24-2011, 04:16 PM   #2219
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Oh, I didn't have the ich. It's still unclear what killed the 6 fish and left the others alive. I had no spots or rubbing, justone day they would hide and not eat the next day instant death.

I did let my tank stay as is without adding anything for about 2 months to be safe in case it was velvet.

I know a bit about the ich, and if you put your fish into a qt tank and medicate, THEN leave the tank fallow for 6-8 weeks the ich will be dead. It doesnt host onto inverts or corals only fish. So remove the fish and they can't live. I think the full life cycle of ich is 6 weeks but people are usually a little cautious and add some time.

You can treat in a qt with copper like cupramine or you can use the hypo salinity method in which you lower your salinity each day by a little bit to get the ich to dislodge off the fish.

here's a link for you

Marine Ich or White Spot Disease

I hope you beat this thing!! Let me know what you decide to do. I'm rooting for ya!
Old 08-24-2011, 05:53 PM   #2220
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
Oh, I didn't have the ich.
Wasn't that a song by Ted Nugent? Oh, wait, that isn't quite right.

Yes I know, sometimes you just have to ignore me.

Tags
1.5g, build, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com