Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-27-2011, 07:13 PM   #2291
Aquarium Advice Freak

I would swap the to. Put the blue in the 125 and yellow in the 55g for about a week. And let him/her get used to the 125. Did that with my whitespotted Toby and half black angel. But now my toby seems scared of my angel. One thing I love about my tank I have a Morey. Whitespotted Toby. And dwarf angel. 2 cleaner shrimp. Arrow crab. 3 other crabs can't think what they were called. And the two top dogs in the tank r the dwarf and arrow crab. Everyone else bow to them. Even the eel let's the cleaner shrimp clean him WHILE he is eating. And doesn't even try to get them.

Old 08-27-2011, 07:48 PM   #2292
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I just ran water tests on both tanks and they are identical. I am thinking on trying the blue tang in there now and see how the yellow reacts. If he bullies the blue I can remove him them. I have alot of room in the back of my rockwork and I just know the yellow is gonna be a nightmare to catch. Will probably have to break at least half the tank down to get to him.

I'm also concerned about the reson for the goby dying. I did find him in the pistol shrimps hole but I find it hard to believe he could have killed such a large fish. The pistol was about 2 inches when I put him in a few months ago so who knows how big he is now.

OR should I put the yellow in the 55g with the blue and see how they do?

I'm by no means lazy but I;d like to make this easy as possible.

Old 08-27-2011, 07:58 PM   #2293
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Ive found that using 4 or 5 nets to block off the cave entrances. And slowly work the fish into a corner
huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:02 PM   #2294
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Keep in mind too I'll be standing on a step ladder to reach into the tank.

Me and the b/f were just talking about it and he thinks maybe we should try the blue in the 125g with the yellow and see how it goes. I;m sure he's in no rush to break the tank down right now. LOL

I;m just so nervous.....I'm still debating powerheads on my rimless tank and now this. hehe I feel so indecisive. Which is kinda unlike me.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:10 PM   #2295
Aquarium Advice Freak

There's just SOOO many options lol
Old 08-27-2011, 08:17 PM   #2296
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I think I am gonna move the blue now. he'll prob just hide under the rocks anyways and the yeloow is alot bigger than he is so he probably wouldnt be able to follow the blue wherever he goes.

thats my screwy logic anyways.

On another thought, how long does it take ich to show itself? The blue went into an ich free tank no doubt. And he's been clean since the day I brought him home. A bit neurotic maybe but no ich. Black or white.

Just trying to go through every scenario before I do the actual move.

The 55g was fallow for over 2 months and never had ich to begin with so I'm confident it's not a waiting game for the life cycle of ich to re emerge. But I also hear blue tangs are the WORST when it comes to the ich. And to being shy. i still can't even get close enough to the tank to get a good picture of him, he just takes off ans swims everywhere, really really fast I might add. i think he;s quicker than the yellow tang.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:30 PM   #2297
Aquarium Advice Freak

Just keep swimming.

I'm sure he will be fine. I went through the same thing on mine had a dogface puffer and trigger in my 55g. Puff died in like 2 days and trig was a week later. Morey was all fine and dandy. So was freaking out. About putting more fish in. Took me about 10 weeks to do anything. And got my angel and puffer. Then got a tang. And he wouldn't eat and starved himself and died. So was freaking out and was going to get the fish all out just incase. But decided on just leaving them in. And will see what happens. Has been 6 weeks now with nothing bad going on.

Watch now I'll get home tonight and everyone will be dead.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:37 PM   #2298
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeperr34 View Post
Just keep swimming.

I'm sure he will be fine. I went through the same thing on mine had a dogface puffer and trigger in my 55g. Puff died in like 2 days and trig was a week later. Morey was all fine and dandy. So was freaking out. About putting more fish in. Took me about 10 weeks to do anything. And got my angel and puffer. Then got a tang. And he wouldn't eat and starved himself and died. So was freaking out and was going to get the fish all out just incase. But decided on just leaving them in. And will see what happens. Has been 6 weeks now with nothing bad going on.

Watch now I'll get home tonight and everyone will be dead.

Oh don't even think that! bad karma! lol

I had a slight fishie holocaust about 2 months ago after introducing a blue caribeaan tang without qt'ing. He took out 6 fish within a few days time. This will be pretty much the first fish i have added since that happened. I did put a sand sifting goby from petco in 2 days ago and he up and died on me today. i think he was in the pistol shrimps home and he got mad and killed him. lol
Old 08-27-2011, 08:47 PM   #2299
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yea was all worried at first cus puff was scratching him self a lot at first. But have had him. Think 6 weeks and he looks great. Loves to eat. And even nips at my fingures if I try to clean the glass before feeding him.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:53 PM   #2300
Aquarium Advice Freak

Kill the lights in including as many as possible in the room so that the fish go to sleep and early in the morning before you wake the fish up move the blue across ( lights still off ) and leave them off as long as possible till the next day would be ideal. That way when yellow makes up he has a new friend. And blue has a chance to explore on his own and find his own home. Seems to work well for me you can almost see the "what the... " look on their face lol. Ideally throughout this process yellow never wakes up. best of luck

Tags
1.5g, build, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com