Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lol 40 bucks or a 2 week wait hmm, fill up the system and start the cycle, then put the sump in. you are usign an over flow box so it shouldn't be to hard to put the sump in fill it and then have it primed and flowing

I am kinda dreading and looking forward to putting this sump together LOL.
I feel mentally I know what I have to do, BUT it's just a question whether it will work. I'm getting a dual overflow so I'm not sure how to prime 2 tubes at once and I'm so unsure of where my sump water level should start out. Thats why I'm doing a run through in the garage. I may get the lfs girl to come by and supervise. hehe.....

Once I move the 125g into the living room I will be ready to move rock and livestock over relatively quickly. I don't plan on "cycling" the tank per se. I've always had a slight ammonia spike and mostly no trites when I move tanks around. I figure a few days of the base and LR in the tank and I can move my fish over.

Your moving from a 55 to the 120, you may be able to get away with a few days if you move over all of your live rock.

I have almost 100lbs in the 55g, I'm taking 20lbs out of my pod tank and maybe another 20 out of my cube. I'm also ordering 50lbs of base from reefcleaners.

The base won't help speed up the cycle, but 140lbs should make the cycle go quicker than normal. It took my 65 10 days to cycle with 100lbs of established live rock.

for what it's worth, I would suggesting adding some of those tangs closer towards the end. They tend to be pretty territorial.

I'm actually not adding many fish Flake, LOL. I want the tangs, a sand sifting goby and maybe 3 anthias. I was planning on the tangs first, do you think I should get the other fish first?

AND I just dropped about $500 bucks so far, I ordered my return pump, 2 powerheads, some more test kits, my overflow, extra salt and some other neat stuff.
Still have to order the sump yet, just waiting for aquacave to get back from lunch.

Woot! Just ordered my refugium, also got the macro light too. :)

Now to wait for all this stuff to come in......CAN'T WAIT!

Ok so progress was made today! My sump has shipped and so has everything else. I repainted the back of the tank, will take off tape tomorrow and post some pictures. I also went to Lowes and got a 1" ball valve and soo many connection pipes and elbows it was silly. lol I think I'm prepared.

Got some silly questions though as usual.....

first off, how do I attach the output nozzle/bar/pipe to the back of the tank? I haven't seen ANY item that will hold the output.
second, I bought a 32g garbage can to use for my water making for this project. I'm gonna get a pump to pump the water from my back porch water making/mixing area to the tank, about 10 feet. How much GPH do I need in a pump to do that?

Couldn't help you with that, but I sold my midas because I sold his home! lol I sold the 65 gallon and 4 other tanks I had picked up for next to nothing to help pay for the 220. I had no way to keep him in the meantime...so I sold him with his home for 20 bucks. lol

you might need a heavy duty pump to pump quickly. look for a pond pump which you can get at lowes for pretty cheap

could work yeah, also it depends on the PSI, pond pumps are usually designed to pump for water falls as well as fountains so they have more pressure behind then an aquarium pump

Back
Top Bottom