Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-18-2011, 03:20 PM   #2531
Aquarium Advice Freak

Wouldn't worry. U will get it done. Just going to take sone time. I'm just as bad. But I'm worried I going to do something wrong on the 210 and the fish won't be happy or healthy In the 210.

Old 09-20-2011, 11:21 AM   #2532
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

For those that still follow along,
I couldnt wait for the last 4 new bulbs to come so I added the new 8 bulbs last night.

I swapped out 6 10k whites for 6 ATI Aquablue specials at 12k and added 2 ATI purple pluses

The tank is definitely very PURPLE/PINK LOL. I'm hoping the new 4 ATI blue plus's will dampen that effect a bit. The coralline is pretty much all that you see now. Not the effect I was looking for at all. Trying to dampen all that purple is what I wanted and to bring out the reds and other colors of my corals.

I should be getting the last four bulbs today, they are out for delivery. Hopefully they balance out the tank better.

An getting closer to ordering my last stock for this tank, the 5 blue reef chromis and a midas blenny. Hoping to order them by next week or so. Gonna probably go with live aquaria.

Old 09-20-2011, 12:30 PM   #2533
Aquarium Advice Addict

I really like the blue reef chromis. I would like some for my 40g. And can I get a pic of the purple tank please?
Old 09-20-2011, 12:37 PM   #2534
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Not sure the pictures capture the purple-ness of the tank but here they are. With flash and without. On a happy note UPS just delivered my last four blue plus bulbs. woot!!

Old 09-20-2011, 01:17 PM   #2535
Aquarium Advice Freak

Lol. Yea it does. Thats a lot of purple. But that's good to have that much right?
Old 09-20-2011, 01:23 PM   #2536
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Not necessarily. It all depends on the par rating the bulbs give off, not too sure about how purple fits in though. I think it's mostly for looks. I was just looking to make some of my red and yellow corals pop a bit. the yellow tang looks awesome under these lights too. But I'll update later after I put in the remaining 4 blue pluses. That picture is with 2 purples and 2 old actinics. So the purple is probably over riding the weak blues.

With all the lights on it still has a purple shade to it but it's a bit more balanced.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:26 PM   #2537
Aquarium Advice Addict

Your tank looks amazing Carey!
Old 09-20-2011, 01:33 PM   #2538
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Thanks twitch!
I hope to re do all the rock work some day really soon. I have all the new base rock just sitting in front of the tank waiting to go in. Just gotta have the b/f here to help me lift the lights down and then I gotta be inspired. I'm figuring this will be the last rescaping I'm gonna do rock wise as with this rock I will have 250lbs of rock total. Means I gotta take all the corals out and then do the rock work and keep in mind where I want the corals. I'm also almost fully stocked coral wise too, I have a few more I'd like in there but then it's just gonna be sit and watch it all mature. That's when the reef will really shine I think. In about 6 months I expect to have a really nice setup.

here's a good question....

I have enough money for either 5 blue reef chromis and the midas blenny OR I can order the hanna testers for alkalinity and calcium.

Which would you guys buy?
Old 09-20-2011, 01:40 PM   #2539
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yea ur tank does look great.
I know what u mean. I redid my 55 prob 5 times. And with the 210. Most of the rock is stuck to one another and so I'm not redoing that one at all. I say the blue chromis.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:42 PM   #2540
Aquarium Advice Addict

Blue reef chromis.

Tags
1.5g, build, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com