Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-20-2011, 05:23 PM   #2551
Aquarium Advice Addict

So far no problem.

Old 09-20-2011, 05:23 PM   #2552
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I WAS gonna go with four but I heard the same thing, odd numbers are key. LOL So I figure 5 will do it and that many might actually school. fingers crossed*** I think that would look totally awesome in six feet of tank.

Old 09-20-2011, 05:26 PM   #2553
Aquarium Advice Addict

Wanted to go with 5 myself but figured if I did that I couldn't do the diamond goby I want to get. I think the more you have the more they will school.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:27 PM   #2554
Aquarium Advice Addict

There you go Carey. That's a big tank. Fill it up with blue reefs.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:33 PM   #2555
Aquarium Advice Addict

Back in my FW days, I cam close to filling this 45 with nothing but plants and a ton of neons. Watching an moving purple cloud all day would be cool as........
Old 09-20-2011, 05:35 PM   #2556
Aquarium Advice Addict

As usual, the tank looks great!I would go with the fish also.
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 05:45 PM   #2557
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Yep, it's decided then, next purchase will be the chromis. Who needs stinking testers anyways? lol

the only thing thats keeping me going is to finally finish this stocking. it's been months and months and I'm still only half full pretty much.

I also wanna say that my three tangs are all acting well and behaving themselves, after the first night it was easy as pie. I got soo lucky with them. They've been swimming around together ALL day, I;ve been watching them from across the room. If i get too close they all hide but the yellow one. hehe My clowns even came out for a bit from their corner which is pretty rare. Between the midas and 5 more fish I think there will be some decent activity in here.

Also have to put in the last four bulbs today, will post pictures to see what you guys think. I;m debating whether I wanna redo the rtank tonight while the light is off or put it off. I can be a procrastinator alot of times.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:52 PM   #2558
Aquarium Advice Addict

I also think the tank will have lots of activity with the Midas and Chromis. I would work on the tank with the lights on, because I know that your Blue Hippo Tomini like to sleep in the rocks, and you don't want them to accidently get crushed.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:57 PM   #2559
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Yeah, I was worried about the blue tang, he loves the rockwork lol. I;m hoping they will just stay to one side while I'm tinkering around. Only the clowns come near me when I'm in the tank usually. And the tomin also loves tohide in intricate rockwork. I was hoping to get more rock in the tank to also psuh the fish out to the front more, I have alot of space behind my rocks and they always hang out there it seems. lol
I still have to watch out for my sea hare as he belnds right into the rockwork and my lawnmower blenny , another rock dweller. And if I get lucky I might be able to scoop out the possible shrimp killer, my pistol shrimp.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:59 PM   #2560
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
Yeah, I was worried about the blue tang, he loves the rockwork lol. I;m hoping they will just stay to one side while I'm tinkering around. Only the clowns come near me when I'm in the tank usually. And the tomin also loves tohide in intricate rockwork. I was hoping to get more rock in the tank to also psuh the fish out to the front more, I have alot of space behind my rocks and they always hang out there it seems. lol
I still have to watch out for my sea hare as he belnds right into the rockwork and my lawnmower blenny , another rock dweller. And if I get lucky I might be able to scoop out the possible shrimp killer, my pistol shrimp.

I was just curious, Do you have any pictures of your Sea Hare? Good luck with your shrimp! If you catch him you could add some more Cleaners or Fire Shrimp!

Tags
1.5g, build, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com