Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Really? Mine just sits there, doesnt move or squiggle or do anything aggressive. he just lays on top of him. It's so goofy, I tried to get video but couldnt get close enough

Cool little Crab! Do you know what his name is (scientific)? Speaking of names, I say we name him Mr. Clean, like the guy on TV :lol:

That is weird about the Tang, well, I guess they are known for strange behavior......lol.

Last edited:
I like the idea that it's just trying to cuddle more :)

I'm also curious to know what type of hermit crab that is if you know

I like the idea that it's just trying to cuddle more :)

I'm also curious to know what type of hermit crab that is if you know

LOL...I hope that's true. But surgeonfish are not known for cuddling. They are armed to the teeth. Kind of like cuddling with a Musketeer.

I was told it is a red legged hermit. :)

My blue tang isn';t really that aggressive, well not so much outta the tangs in the tank. The yellow and tomini can be nasty but never saw pootie tang do anything to any other fish really. He sleeps behind some rocks usually, jammed in the tightest spot and lays sideways. What he does with the crab is similar. I really gotta get this on video. lol

Glad to have you back, kinda unique that we came back at about the same time..
I missed this community quite a bit

Glad to have you back, kinda unique that we came back at about the same time..
I missed this community quite a bit

I know, I really missed the forum! I just saw you updated your thread as well. Hope everything shakes out well for you and the tank. :)

Thanks Carey, the only thing I'm concerned with is the move. I mean the tank is moving twice in a week and I don't want to stress everything out! It would have been so nice to get the keys to the new place when we payed for it... It's just been sitting empty so I don't see what the deal with waiting to get the keys to us is.
The algae issue is pretty much done, there is a tiny spot that gets cyano now. But I'm not worried about it in the least, I think with the complete water change and skimmer it will finally be left out.
Also this is your final 220 coming up. The current post is about your final 125,so as long as the tank gets bigger nothing is wrong with the statement!
Lastly a 24gal 36"long? Must be skinny!

Yep, this is gonna be the final "big" tank upgrade for me. lol I seriously have run out of room in the house. lol It's either gonna be a 180g or a 210g, still trying to decide. hehe
The Nuvo is awesome, it has such a long landscape it should look pretty cool with very vibrant colors and maybe a couple tiny fish. :)

When you do your move, just try to keep the sloshing around and actual moving time to a minimum. I would make the tank a priority as far as getting it in the new place, your spouse should understand that the fish come before the dishes lol.
I've moved tanks around just never out of the house, lol.

Glad to see youre back, keep us updated. And when youre all settled in make sure we get pictures, i LOVE pictures lol

Lefty! Hey, hows your monster tank?

Uhm...I don't remember if you were on still or not but I turned it into a freshwater planted tank. I gave most everything to my handyman guy for some credit on things around the house and sold other stuff. I have a neglected thread on here for it. Nothing much going on in it, I fell in love with Corydoras! I love those little guys. Also diamond tetras and they had babies in my tank. It is controlled with my apex, co2, LEDs still, lol...think freshwater on crack.

Aww sorry to hear you left the salty side. lol But at least you arent letting that tank go to waste! It was a beautiful setup! :)

Aww sorry to hear you left the salty side. lol But at least you arent letting that tank go to waste! It was a beautiful setup! :)

I love the fw because I don't have nightmares or stress out doing body counts to make sure everyone is OK. Actually I don't even know how many fish I have in there, lol. I think a small saltwater setup in the future (a pistol shrimp and goby) when the baby is three, he just turned 1!

A nice small tank, maybe like a nuvo all in one would be a great choice. :) They come from 4g up to 38g. Make it an invert tank with bigger hermits and shrimp. That would be awesome. I;d say around 3 he will actually be able to enjoy the tank. My girlfriends baby is almost a year old but loves to be held up to the tanks with the fishies. lol He puts his hand on the glass and tries to touch them, it's adorable.

I still have a 125g freshwater tank and yep, alot less heartache and worry. I'm not entirely sure how many fish I have now in it, but they must be happy as they all grew from about one inch up to about 8 inches.

Glad youre still around Lefty, I missed all of you guys.

Back
Top Bottom