Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-22-2011, 06:01 PM   #2581
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I'm looking to get the caribbean blue reef chromis, really really blue ones. I had an anthias but it passed in the tank disaster of this year. :-(

I don;t want any anthias though, it would have to be as spectacular as the one I had was. here is the one I had, and the picture just doesnt do it justice. It was a stunning fish...

Old 09-22-2011, 06:07 PM   #2582
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
I'm looking to get the caribbean blue reef chromis, really really blue ones. I had an anthias but it passed in the tank disaster of this year. :-(

I don;t want any anthias though, it would have to be as spectacular as the one I had was. here is the one I had, and the picture just doesnt do it justice. It was a stunning fish...

I know, I am very sorry about what happened to your tank. I took one day and just sat down and read through the whole thread for about 4 hours, LOL. It was fun! The Anthias is absolutely beautiful!

redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:15 PM   #2583
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

That was probably, no, WAS, the most beautiful fish I'd ever seen to this day. I love my clowns like nobodies business and all my other fish are pretty awesome too, love my yellow tang, all the hard work i had to do to get a yellow tang and yet he doesn't compare in beauty to that darn anthias.

But my tank has recovered from that nightmare and has been stable for a couple months now so I think it's finally time to finish the stocking. Then just adding corals here and there. Oh happy day. Cant wait to see a tank full of fish swimming around!
Old 09-22-2011, 06:16 PM   #2584
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
That was probably, no, WAS, the most beautiful fish I'd ever seen to this day. I love my clowns like nobodies business and all my other fish are pretty awesome too, love my yellow tang, all the hard work i had to do to get a yellow tang and yet he doesn't compare in beauty to that darn anthias.

But my tank has recovered from that nightmare and has been stable for a couple months now so I think it's finally time to finish the stocking. Then just adding corals here and there. Oh happy day. Cant wait to see a tank full of fish swimming around!
Was your Anthias hard to feed?
Old 09-22-2011, 06:23 PM   #2585
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I only had her for 3 days and didnt see her eat once. I anticipate that there might be issues with her diet. BUT I have lots of pods and other small creatures in that tank so I hope, if I find another one, that she will be ok until she can feel comfortable eating prepared food.

I think it's gotta be easier with the anthias as comapred to the trouble i had converting my scooter and mandarin over to prepared foods.

But like I said, the fish would have to be something special.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:32 PM   #2586
Aquarium Advice Addict

Special fish for special people. I'm sure one will find it's way to your tank. I think that your Anthias was beautiful. There are a few anthias I want but I don't know what I can have yet or even what will go with what, but they are absolutely beautiful.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:48 PM   #2587
Aquarium Advice Addict

we where/are looking at anthieas but are concerned about the "special care" they need to thrive.

do you have anything special your looking at or for?
Old 09-22-2011, 10:49 PM   #2588
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Oh I already k\now whats going into this tank. a midas blenny, 5 blue reef chromis and if the right fish comes along, an anthias.

That will pretty much fill her up in my opinion.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:50 PM   #2589
Aquarium Advice Addict

cool cool what kind of gear?
Old 09-22-2011, 10:51 PM   #2590
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
Oh I already k\now whats going into this tank. a midas blenny, 5 blue reef chromis and if the right fish comes along, an anthias.

That will pretty much fill her up in my opinion.
Hope you can find those tomorrow! Good luck!

Tags
1.5g, build, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com