Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-23-2011, 10:40 AM   #2591
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Only 9:30 and I still have a water change to do before i can leave for shopping. :-( I like to show up after 1 anyways so I can see what if anything came in today so he can hold it.

I may go to a few stores and see if i can price that silly 90g stand and get a better deal than the 269$.

Also, always on the look out for fish, you people know how I am. lol

I still have room in my 20g for nano fish and then theres this tank.

I am in the market for an ATO setup as well for this tank, starting to get tired of adding water twice a day. lol Might just go with a gravity fed ato since I'm unsure if I want to get an ato controller and pump. I may end up with a controller one day and that would mean the ato computer would be a waste of money. Still gotta figure out how to get a huge bucket or pail inside the stand though, that oughta be fun. NOT hehe

Old 09-23-2011, 10:47 AM   #2592
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
do you have a closet or something near by you can hide a bucket or can in? what's behind the wall the tank is on?

Old 09-23-2011, 10:51 AM   #2593
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

The hallway to the bedrooms on that side of the house. :-( No space there. I've been quite creative in trying to come up with stuff, the house just doesn't cooperate. lol
Old 09-23-2011, 11:03 AM   #2594
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thats why I'm currently designing an in-wall tank with walk-in fish room doesn't hurt to dream lol
Old 09-23-2011, 11:08 AM   #2595
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I wish I could do that, but theres just no room. the only spare room I have has no interior wall inside the "living" area.

there's always the next house we buy, but that won't be for 5-7 years most likely as we haven't even been in this house a year yet. lol
Old 09-23-2011, 11:11 AM   #2596
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
you could throw up a wall in that room fairly easily. it all depends how far you are willing to go with this. it seems like you are willing to go pretty far..lol.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:39 AM   #2597
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I'll have to post a video or some pictures so you can see the layout. The one room I have to work with ( the other spare room is my b/f for his growing of plants and the like) is down a left hallway and has no access to the main house. :-( It's a split plan 3br 2 bath, with the master bedroom on the one side and the two spare room on the other. the master bedroom wall is already accounted for since I have the 125g cichlid tank against it as well as my biocube and my computer station. Not an inch of room on that wall.

The other wall just backs up to the hallway. No part of either spare room has any wall that backs into the living area.

I'll get up the details soon to see if ya'll have any ideas..
Old 09-23-2011, 12:11 PM   #2598
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Here is a quick video of the layout, any suggestions are welcome!

Layout - YouTube
Old 09-23-2011, 02:00 PM   #2599
Aquarium Advice Freak

Was thinning about that the other day to do at my house. The corner of the living room butts up to a guest room one of our room mates is using. I could easily knock a section out and build a custom corner tank with all the stuff in the otter room. As well as a wall tank in the kitchen. And a huge one in one of the bed rooms. All 3 line up to that one room. And would be able to have a massive sump to run all 3 if I wanted.

Oh to dream. Oh to dream.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:02 PM   #2600
Aquarium Advice FINatic

just subscribing to this thread. dont really look at SW threads or else ill get jealous. but seriously. great tank! oh yeah, i HIGHLY doubt this is your last build carey. the hobby never lets go.

Tags
1.5g, build, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com