Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-25-2011, 09:32 AM   #2651
Aquarium Advice Addict

My thoughts on tomatoes: I had them once on pizza. It was the best pizza I have ever tasted in my life. It had fresh mozzarella, basil, and tomatoes!

My thoughts on the stocklist: I wouldn't wait much longer to get the Chromis. You can always get the Benny later, right? Or did you want to get them at the same time so you could QT them together?

redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:51 AM   #2652
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

some people find that they are good cuc and keep them. Me, I am afraid to put my hand in the tank with them in there LOL. I heard they give quite the sting

Old 09-25-2011, 10:59 AM   #2653
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
if you ever worked with fiberglass insulation and got some in your skin, you'll know exactly what it feels like to make contact with a bristle worm. it's really no big deal.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:07 AM   #2654
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Really ? I've heard some horror stories of getting stung... I'm a very squeamish kinda chick and super scared of icky things. I can't even garden because the worms in the dirt bug me out. lol

On the same kinda topic, I bought a fangtooth blenny the other day and have found out it can bite and is venomous. :-( Would a bite be that painful do ya think? I'm paranoid now to do a water change and re scape.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:09 AM   #2655
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
Really ? I've heard some horror stories of getting stung... I'm a very squeamish kinda chick and super scared of icky things. I can't even garden because the worms in the dirt bug me out. lol

On the same kinda topic, I bought a fangtooth blenny the other day and have found out it can bite and is venomous. :-( Would a bite be that painful do ya think? I'm paranoid now to do a water change and re scape.
Really? The striped Blenny in the rimless in venomous? Good thing you found out. I think the pet store should have said something.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:13 AM   #2656
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I figure he didn't know. Another day I didn't have my reference book to check either. But he's an awesome fish, swims around the tank all day
Old 09-25-2011, 11:14 AM   #2657
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
I figure he didn't know. Another day I didn't have my reference book to check either. But he's an awesome fish, swims around the tank all day
That's fantastic! I love active fish. They add so much life to the tank! He has nice colors too!
Old 09-25-2011, 11:16 AM   #2658
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
i've been poked by bristle worms hundreds of times. i put a drop of crazy glue gel,on the spines that are in my finger, then pull it off, and out come the bristles, just like fiberglass, and that's about it. unless you are overly sensitive. some folks touch corals and get rashes and such.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:16 AM   #2659
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

The only problem I'm having is he hasn't eaten yet that I can see. I've never had a fish not eat the same day as being introduced to the tank. I've tried several foods too and nothing yet.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:20 AM   #2660
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hmmmm, do you have any pods in there? According to LA it says they eat small crustaceans in the rock, so I assume that is pods. Maybe you could add some until he is ready to start eating prepared foods.

Tags
1.5g, build, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com