Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-04-2011, 11:32 AM   #2751
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

They eat algae and creatures from the water column primarily...I was going to try some cyclopeeze and see if that works. I figure he should be fine in the 55g as it's been setup for months and months and has some good beneficial life living in it. But I have no algae whatsoever in the 55g, except for the coralline so I'm hoping he will eat some prepared foods. I will add some garlic extreme to his next feeding and see if that works, thanks for the suggestion, I always forget I have it. lol

Old 10-04-2011, 11:55 AM   #2752
Aquarium Advice Addict

What about flakes soaked in it if they eat from the water column?

Ha I want antheias too so your teaching me as you go.

Old 10-04-2011, 12:05 PM   #2753
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Yeah, I didn't have much success with the first one I tried to keep. Not sure if he died from the "plague" my tank had or on his own. He went in the tank the same day as the toxic blue tang did. :-(
Old 10-04-2011, 12:16 PM   #2754
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well hopefully this guy will do better soon.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:19 PM   #2755
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Just a few minutes ago he swam out from behind the rocks and was in the front for a bit. He just swam right back behind the rocks though. But I take that as a good sign. I still have the lights off but I will try feeding the tank soon maybe he will at least eat. Not that I'd see it though lol
Old 10-04-2011, 12:22 PM   #2756
Aquarium Advice Addict

Here's hoping Carey.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:34 PM   #2757
Aquarium Advice Freak

POTM Champion

Yay. New fish! Can't wait for pictures!
Old 10-06-2011, 12:02 PM   #2758
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hey carey. Was talking with kio about his mandarin and thinking nutrimar ova. I went to the web site and said it will disperse in the water column. I was thinking about your anthia
Old 10-06-2011, 12:08 PM   #2759
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Well good news to report on the anthias. seems he LOVES brine and mysis, he has been pigging out on it for the last two days. He also is coming out more and more so that's a relief. I currently just have the blue lights on for him though, trying to wean him onto the whites as well.

Luckily the LFS already treated this fish for parasites and dipped him too so I don't have to worry about that.

On another note, my midas blenny AND the blue reef chromis are finally in stock at the same time at LA. I'm thinking about ordering them today but am wondering if I should. The anthias being so picky and shy i don't wanna stress him out by adding more fish, 6 to be exact lol.

what do you guys think? Also that would mean the anthias would have to stay in qt as long as the new fish as I don't know what if anything the new fish will be carrying with them. Any thoughts? Should I just jump on the new fish or wait it out for the anthias? he has another week and a half left of qt.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:13 PM   #2760
Aquarium Advice Addict

I think you should get your fish. Best to see how he does with strangers now.

Tags
1.5g, build, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com