Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL.

I tried to put the skimmer in and it just fits. :) Looks like it may get in the way of the filter sock but I guess we'll see.

I still need the overflow box and return pump. Stupid fosters and smith and their shipping. Looks to be next week for the rest of my stuff. I really wanted to get it up and running this weekend.

Sump with the skimmer. can not wait for the other stuff to come. Hurry up fedex!

img_1371086_0_4deeb1c3be9b5f32285daa7190d773db.jpg

Its an eshopps. I got the skimmer, refugium and overflow all eshopps. Reviews are good. :)

You should post pictures in your thread, unless I missed it!

Its an eshopps. I got the skimmer, refugium and overflow all eshopps. Reviews are good. :)

You should post pictures in your thread, unless I missed it!

nah i didnt post any i will post some as i have major updates like when i move it to its final resting place which is about 10 days off i plan do it over the next weekend lol

I believe its just over the pump, so about a few inches submerged would be my guess. I won't know for sure til we get water in that badboy. lol But that's how it looks

yeah, they got decent reviews and are cheaper than the octopus'. I will say its very tall though so you'll need a pretty tall cabinet dimension. My sump came with a shelf for my skimmer. LOL theres no way that all would fit under mine

Carey for that eshopps skimmer, does the whole thing have to be under water or just a few inches?

the outflow is adjusted to raise the level on the inside of the skimmer. you can take the whole skimmer out of the water and just have the pump in and it would still work right

how much did you pay for the sump fuge? have you considered gettign a second one and placing it beside it and have another over flow and return pump for that one? or anotehr super awesome idea is have an over flow in one and take all the partitions out and make that a whole fuge and jion the two together with some pvc pipes, then make the return the middle of the first one

Last edited:
Because it would be irresponsible to spend more money on my tank/ a new one, I live vicariously through Carey's LAST tank build! :D

PistolPete said:
Because it would be irresponsible to spend more money on my tank/ a new one, I live vicariously through Carey's LAST tank build! :D

Isn't that the truth.

Lol thanks guys. I almost got a 12g nano today guy beat me to it. Came with a naked clownfish too. Oh well....
I kinda have a new build thread its in the lounge. Hehe I can go off topic all I want. Its the pico/planted thread. :)

Lol thanks guys. I almost got a 12g nano today guy beat me to it. Came with a naked clownfish too. Oh well....
I kinda have a new build thread its in the lounge. Hehe I can go off topic all I want. Its the pico/planted thread. :)

We just knew it wasn't your last build :D

So orange spotted goby it was!!!
Voilà.....
I am unable to upload the photo from my iPhone, I will do it tomorrow, Thanks Carey!!! And your setup looks amazing!!!

She's addicted as my dogs are to bacon strips... my dog say bacon bacon bacon. Cary says aquarium aquarium aquariums.

jsmith said:
She's addicted as my dogs are to bacon strips... my dog say bacon bacon bacon. Cary says aquarium aquarium aquariums.

Hahaha!! It's truth! I swear I've heard it on her video clips...

Photos as promised!!!! With the app updated.... Finally.....

Attachments

• image-226452223.jpg
    image-226452223.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 157
  • image-1342354631.jpg
    image-1342354631.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 166
  • image-3275672648.jpg
    image-3275672648.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 202
Back
Top Bottom