Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-11-2011, 12:35 PM   #2791
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

The delivery arrived at about 10:30 this morning!

Following are the pictures of where I am up to as of now. They are still in their acclimation buckets. The packaging was ok I guess, looks like the bags were just thrown in and there were no icepacks. :-( There also wasn't anything in the box to keep the bags from moving around which is kinda weird. They also used the black out bags if anyone wanted to know.

Anyways here are the shots I took so far

Old 10-11-2011, 12:36 PM   #2792
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Old 10-11-2011, 12:39 PM   #2793
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post

Awesome fish carey! Those Chromis are beautiful! I am glad they all arrived safely! I can't wait to see them all in the QT tank with the Anthias. I also can't wait to see them in the display tank, but I know that is a little far away.
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 01:00 PM   #2794
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Thanks I can't wait to get them out of the buckets and into the qt. I;m sure they will look even more awesome. lol

I plan on holding them in qt for 2 weeks so it won't be that bad.

So far they all look pretty healthy and are quite active so that's a plus. Should make netting them a joy LOL
Old 10-11-2011, 01:01 PM   #2795
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Thanks I can't wait to get them out of the buckets and into the qt. I;m sure they will look even more awesome. lol

I plan on holding them in qt for 2 weeks so it won't be that bad.

So far they all look pretty healthy and are quite active so that's a plus. Should make netting them a joy LOL
I was just wondering, how do you acclimate with that many fish? Thanks!
Old 10-11-2011, 01:07 PM   #2796
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I have a row of little buckets set up in front of the tank. I just add a small amount of water every few minutes. Once I fill up the small bucket I take water out and repeat. I have 2 buckets with 2 chromis each, one bucket with the 5th chromi and 1 bucket for the midas.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:10 PM   #2797
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
I have a row of little buckets set up in front of the tank. I just add a small amount of water every few minutes. Once I fill up the small bucket I take water out and repeat. I have 2 buckets with 2 chromis each, one bucket with the 5th chromi and 1 bucket for the midas.
Cool, sounds like you have a nice system going on. These Chromis looks great! I normally only see the blue-green ones.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:13 PM   #2798
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

yeah, once I saw the blue reef ones on aquacon I knew I just had to have them. they arent supposed to be as hardy as regular chromis but they are different and definitely colorful. I will be putting them into the tank very soon and will try to get some full shots of them.

Thanks for your interest, I appreciate it.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:16 PM   #2799
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
yeah, once I saw the blue reef ones on aquacon I knew I just had to have them. they arent supposed to be as hardy as regular chromis but they are different and definitely colorful. I will be putting them into the tank very soon and will try to get some full shots of them.

Thanks for your interest, I appreciate it.
Fantastic! I will keep watch for the close-ups of the Chromis!
Old 10-11-2011, 01:40 PM   #2800
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I have the funniest story!! I have all my little buckets lined up in a row, as you can see in the pictures....I was netting a chromi out of the second bucket and he actually JUMPED up in the air and landed in the 3rd bucket! I was like OMG! Probably more effective if you were here to see it but I just had to share. lol

Here are some shots of the new fish. Unexpected issue though, the Anthias is chasing the chromis around. :-( I guess he is semi aggressive after all. Hopefully they will be fine for 2 weeks together in the 55g, the 125g will give them more room for sure so hopefully the aggression ends there.

Tags
1.5g, build, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com