Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-20-2011, 07:56 PM   #2851
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to kurtyboh Send a message via Skype™ to kurtyboh
not just when, they die but when they're disturbed as well. I just thought it would be something to mull over, since everything they could test for came back neg. Those toxins wouldn't leave a mark on the fish or anything

Old 10-20-2011, 07:59 PM   #2852
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
tigertails are ok. i wouldn't recommend one unless you don't want live sand. they swallow up dirty sand and poop out pure white piles of it, however, it's not in the main area- just around the rock work in my experience.

Old 10-22-2011, 06:29 PM   #2853
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

So I'm sitting here looking at the 55g with the fish in it and I'm getting antsy to move the fish to the DT. I know I can probably be ok if I do, the anthias has been in almost 3 weeks and the chromis will hit the 2 weeks mark on tuesday.

None have showed any sign of sickness or anything abnormal. They actually are quite comfortable in the tank and all are eating like pigs. LOL I'm even a little worried about taking them from their happy home to move them.

Should I move them this weekend or let them stay until next week ya think? Also the faster I move them out the quicker I can get the tank ready for sale and start the 90g build.

Am I just being inpatient? hehe.... sometimes I can't tell
Old 10-22-2011, 06:34 PM   #2854
Aquarium Advice Addict

As Nike says!"Just Do It".
They have been in QT that long with no signs of disease.Should be good to go.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:07 PM   #2855
Aquarium Advice Addict

I would keep all of the fish in there for a few more weeks. My kole tang is showing small signs of ich in his 4th week of QT. 4 weeks of hypo, here we go :\
Old 10-22-2011, 07:34 PM   #2856
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to kurtyboh Send a message via Skype™ to kurtyboh
excellent point greenturtle, wait the full time Carey. There's no point in running a qt if its not used properly.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:48 AM   #2857
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I will be waiting til sometime this week to move the fish over. You guys snapped me out of my inpatient mood. LOL

Thanks everyone for the comments, helped me to decide. I would have given the advice to wait to someone else so I should just listen to what I would say if it wasn't me. hehe

So a couple more days and in they will go! Getting excited to see how they fill out the tank and if they will bring out the other fish more. As it is they ALL run and hide if I approach the tank. From a distance I can see all the tangs playing and swimming but if I dare to get closer they run away. they even hide when I go over to feed them. :-(

Is it just a tangs nature to do this or do I have reclusive anti social fish? LOL
Old 10-23-2011, 09:52 AM   #2858
Aquarium Advice Addict

I would say that is normal. Even At the pet store the Tangs dart and hide from me, LOL.
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:54 AM   #2859
Aquarium Advice Addict

Don't know about regular tangs buy my Kole tang is a show off. Come anywhere near the tank and he is front and center. LOL
Old 10-23-2011, 09:58 AM   #2860
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yep. You're too nice for them to be running from you.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1.5g, build, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com