Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-23-2011, 10:06 AM   #2861
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

LOL. I try to sit in front of the tank and let them get used to me but they aren't coming around. I guess just more time is needed, they have only been in a couple months. I also have a ton of hiding spots in the rocks and they can swim behind the rockwork for now. I am planning on adding another 50lbs of rock in today or very soon so that should help get them front and center. lol

Old 10-23-2011, 10:57 AM   #2862
Aquarium Advice Addict

My kole tang is the most antisocial creature on he planet. I only see him if I slowly walk into the room, and when I enter his field of vision he goes straight to the PVC pipe lol

Old 10-23-2011, 01:08 PM   #2863
Aquarium Advice Addict

The anthias will bring them out. I put mine in the tank and that's when the goby and fox face started coming out all the time. That fish is really social and for some reason other fish follow it's lead...
Old 10-23-2011, 01:15 PM   #2864
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Hope youre right Kio the anthias I have was a bit of a scaredy cat when I first put him in the 55g. He hid with the lights out for a couple days. Now he comes right up to the turkey baster I use to feed. lol
Old 10-23-2011, 01:22 PM   #2865
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
Hope youre right Kio the anthias I have was a bit of a scaredy cat when I first put him in the 55g. He hid with the lights out for a couple days. Now he comes right up to the turkey baster I use to feed. lol
He probably isn't as scared as much now because he has Chromis and a Blenny friend that make him feel more secure.
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 01:22 PM   #2866
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
Exact same thing happened to mine.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:26 PM   #2867
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Good deal. I'm so looking forward to putting them in the main tank. Tuesday is the official 2 week mark for the chromis and blenny and 3 weeks on Monday for the anthias. I've been scrutinizing the fish since they came and so far it's all clear. And the sooner they come out the sooner I can get to the 90g build. lol I keep going in the garage to check it out, I'm so psyched!
Old 10-23-2011, 01:34 PM   #2868
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Good deal. I'm so looking forward to putting them in the main tank. Tuesday is the official 2 week mark for the chromis and blenny and 3 weeks on Monday for the anthias. I've been scrutinizing the fish since they came and so far it's all clear. And the sooner they come out the sooner I can get to the 90g build. lol I keep going in the garage to check it out, I'm so psyched!
I know, I can't wait to see the 90g come along! It sounds like you are going to have some pretty cool fish in it!
Old 10-23-2011, 01:37 PM   #2869
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Yep, I was just now checking out fish for it. LOL Since I'm pretty stocked on all my tanks this one will mean I can go fish shopping again. I'm still tweaking the stocklist though, may go with a different butterfly than what I originally planned. Keep finding cool fish to add .....
Old 10-23-2011, 01:40 PM   #2870
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Yep, I was just now checking out fish for it. LOL Since I'm pretty stocked on all my tanks this one will mean I can go fish shopping again. I'm still tweaking the stocklist though, may go with a different butterfly than what I originally planned. Keep finding cool fish to add .....
Definitely! I change my mind all of the time about what fish I want. I can't wait to see "Carey 90g FOWLR Build" under new posts again! It will be fun to follow.

Tags
1.5g, build, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com