Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i just recently got a yellow watchmen and the first day i put him in for some reason my clown fish chased him i dunno why since then they have left him alone

carey, if you are wainting a clean sand bed, you only need to wait until the diatom bloom is over and with proper flow, you'll have a pure white sand bed. you don't need anything that sifts/shifts the sand.

that skimmer looks kinda small for a 150 gallon total volume system. what model is that?

mr_X said:
carey, if you are wainting a clean sand bed, you only need to wait until the diatom bloom is over and with proper flow, you'll have a pure white sand bed. you don't need anything that sifts/shifts the sand.

that skimmer looks kinda small for a 150 gallon total volume system. what model is that?

Its a psk 150. Im probably gonna still run my remora too. I really love it lol. The eshopps was the best I could do for $100.

And Mr. X if youre still around......am I over gph on my return pump? Its at 1500 and the overflow is at 900....I think I screwed up...

Last edited:
The head is listed at 1596 for 1 foot I believe. It only seems to go down a few dozen per foot if you look at the chart. I've heard good and bad about putting a ball valve on which I already bought. :)

Also I get a brittle star.....but shhhhh, the kids are slipping, no more words, just a pic...exquisite blue moon light.....

Attachments

• image-3786327747.jpg
    image-3786327747.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 208
I have a brittle star in my 55g, he's been in hiding since I got him. LOL

So I shouldn't be concerned about the extra gph that I will have? or do I still need a ball valve? I've heard that you can burn the motor out by restricting the flow....

You will eventually cave, you will see a hippo tang at the store and say to yourself "I MUST HAVE IT!"

Back
Top Bottom