Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 10-28-2011, 04:04 PM   #2911
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
redsea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 8,066
Wow, everything looks fantastic! Nice job!
__________________

__________________
Please don't forget about the toxins in some corals (like zoas and palythoas)
180 gallon reef announcement!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMgmb124jrs&t=35s
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:16 PM   #2912
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
coffeetwitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: springfield mo
Posts: 3,690
so do i kio. and really the foxface is a scardy cat. if im in the tank he does everything he can to be as far away from me as possible. never had a problem with him. i really like the new coral.
__________________

__________________
coffeetwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:18 PM   #2913
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
redsea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 8,066
I like the new coral too, the tank is really starting to fill up, it looks great! I am also scared to have a venomous fish, the thought of getting stung scares me.
__________________
Please don't forget about the toxins in some corals (like zoas and palythoas)
180 gallon reef announcement!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMgmb124jrs&t=35s
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:24 PM   #2914
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
carey's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Deltona, Florida
Posts: 20,962
Thanks so much guys, I appreciate it.

Yeah, the venom thing doesn't even sound good, I just can't get myself to get one . LOL Plus they have to be netted differently and it just seems like too much of a hassle for me. Part of the reason I won't get another anemone, I was really really tempted today, he had some nice ones.

For those following the saga of the 55g tank, it is pretty much successfully nuked. LOL The 2 cups of ammonia and the 50g of fresh water took care of the aipastia already. Took a few hours and now they are either all balled up or just plain gone. One step closer to putting the 90g together. I was looking at my stand today too at the store, can't wait to get it! It's gonna be the nicest stand I own.
__________________
180g Reef - 60g Rimless Reef -90G FOWLR- 125g Malawi Cichlids- 40b REEF- 34g Fresh Planted-working on- 20L FOWLR- working on
I have a mix of many different saltwater fish amongst my tanks, but I love my Tangs most of all.
carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:26 PM   #2915
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
redsea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 8,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
Thanks so much guys, I appreciate it.

Yeah, the venom thing doesn't even sound good, I just can't get myself to get one . LOL Plus they have to be netted differently and it just seems like too much of a hassle for me. Part of the reason I won't get another anemone, I was really really tempted today, he had some nice ones.

For those following the saga of the 55g tank, it is pretty much successfully nuked. LOL The 2 cups of ammonia and the 50g of fresh water took care of the aipastia already. Took a few hours and now they are either all balled up or just plain gone. One step closer to putting the 90g together. I was looking at my stand today too at the store, can't wait to get it! It's gonna be the nicest stand I own.
Great! I'm glad the aipatasia is dead already, that was quick! What color is the stand again?
__________________
Please don't forget about the toxins in some corals (like zoas and palythoas)
180 gallon reef announcement!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMgmb124jrs&t=35s
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:32 PM   #2916
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
carey's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Deltona, Florida
Posts: 20,962
It's going to be black, but it's more a piece of furniture than any stand I've seen other than my 55g setup, that has a TV stand which is very nice. It has edges to cover the tank frame along the bottom and is nice and sturdy. Very classy

Unless a guy I called today on CL gets back to me on his used stand I will most likely go with the new "classy" one I went to visit today. lol

I also am kinda bummed though, found a 220g tank and stand for $300 and I can't get it. No room. Not even close to any room. I don't want to disturb the pretty new setup of the 125g to upgrade so I just plain can't get the 220g. :-(
__________________
180g Reef - 60g Rimless Reef -90G FOWLR- 125g Malawi Cichlids- 40b REEF- 34g Fresh Planted-working on- 20L FOWLR- working on
I have a mix of many different saltwater fish amongst my tanks, but I love my Tangs most of all.
carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:34 PM   #2917
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
coffeetwitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: springfield mo
Posts: 3,690
man what a steal.... im telling you i live in the wrong part of the country.
__________________
coffeetwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:35 PM   #2918
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
redsea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 8,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
It's going to be black, but it's more a piece of furniture than any stand I've seen other than my 55g setup, that has a TV stand which is very nice. It has edges to cover the tank frame along the bottom and is nice and sturdy. Very classy

Unless a guy I called today on CL gets back to me on his used stand I will most likely go with the new "classy" one I went to visit today. lol

I also am kinda bummed though, found a 220g tank and stand for $300 and I can't get it. No room. Not even close to any room. I don't want to disturb the pretty new setup of the 125g to upgrade so I just plain can't get the 220g. :-(
Black is my favorite color on a stand, it looks really nice, great choice! Maybe the 220 wasn't meant to be, everything happens for a reason (at least that is what I say, LOL).
__________________
Please don't forget about the toxins in some corals (like zoas and palythoas)
180 gallon reef announcement!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMgmb124jrs&t=35s
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:39 PM   #2919
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Kio707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,519
****, I'd love that deal!! 220g for 300??? I'd get it today!!!
__________________
Kio707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:42 PM   #2920
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
carey's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Deltona, Florida
Posts: 20,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kio707 View Post
****, I'd love that deal!! 220g for 300??? I'd get it today!!!

I know, I know.....thats why it's killing me inside. It's the darn MTS kicking in, I need my fix...LOL
__________________

__________________
180g Reef - 60g Rimless Reef -90G FOWLR- 125g Malawi Cichlids- 40b REEF- 34g Fresh Planted-working on- 20L FOWLR- working on
I have a mix of many different saltwater fish amongst my tanks, but I love my Tangs most of all.
carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
1.5g, build, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Carey's Bio Cube Build carey Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started 1892 01-22-2012 12:14 AM
Carey's 125G Upgrade/Conversion Thread carey Cichlid Discussion 315 05-04-2011 02:51 PM
Carey's QT to Regular Tank Build carey Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 17 03-17-2011 02:43 PM
My 125g Stand Build Daimyo68 Show Off/Photography 26 10-14-2009 06:02 PM







» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.