Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i search 8 things: aquarium- fish- fish tank-t5-72"-live rock-skimmer-saltwater-sump

That way nothing gets by ;-)

How do I turn down the overflow? Isn't that pretty much gravity?

not really it needs a syphon. a drilled overflow is pure gravity and doesn't require adjusting, when the pump pumps enough water it falls down the overflow into the sump where as a overflow box requires a syphon to start flowing and once there is to much air the syphon stops and your tank will over flow if the pump is still going.

as far as adjustign the HOB overflow, they have screws to agjust the height which controls the flow rate

Last edited:
lol its a high bay. that will work but its designed more for spreading light in a big area, as well as its bulky and ugly.

go to an electrical company that does MH to T5/T8 retro fits, they just throw the lights out so you might get them for free

Gti_Leo said:
lol its a high bay. that will work but its designed more for spreading light in a big area, as well as its bulky and ugly.

go to an electrical company that does MH to T5/T8 retro fits, they just throw the lights out so you might get them for free

its mh for $25 looks dont matter any more lol is it worth gettin at least? itd be placed on a metal screen likke whats attached woould it melt that. and what exactly do they throw out?

they won't melt anythign but they do get really hot. you could always get a reflector designed for a 400w mogal based bulb and retro fit it.

a reflector might run you a few hundred bucks so maybe not worth it

i have a mini fan somewhere i could use its 277w would that blow my power strip? sorry for the OT stuff carey but im clueless and hope youl help as well. if i do get this could i successfully keep any coral?

no it won't thats barelly 2 amps of current draw, but i don't even know if you can get a reef bulb for that

that would work if you could find a 100w MH but i've only seen reef bulbs in 150w 250w 400w.

i have access to 50 70w MH wallpacks but i can't find a bulb for them. i also have access to 6 250w mogal based eyebrow lights, but thats to much on my parents electricity bill then i'm willing to make them spend

2 isn't really enough for a reef, unless you plan on mushrooms. what are the dimensions of your tank? the general recomendation for a reef is one tube for every 3-4" of tank width. i'd go with 4" and place SPS closer to the top rather then 3" and be able to house them on the sand

that would work on a standard 10g. i doubt it has single tube reflectors but a 10g is only 12" deep so youlld be fine. a good 2lamp might even work well also with ATI bulbs and single reflectors

Back
Top Bottom