Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-19-2011, 09:52 PM   #3151
Aquarium Advice Regular

That is so cool Carey! Next in line to my fish, is also street racing/drag racing for me. I don't have anything close to u, but I have a 87 Mustang Hatch with a built 308. My husband and I have been working on it. I was completly stock until a couple months ago when my husband finally decided it was time to build me a car! Two expensive hobbies gets tough. Right now I'm going between new lights for my 90g or a new rear end for the mustang...decisions, decisions!

Old 11-22-2011, 09:24 AM   #3152
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Seems like i can't catch a break. My beloved midas blenny has gone missing as of yesterday morning/afternoon. I've searched the tank the best i can and looked all around the tank and underneath but no luck. :-( I'm really not happy about this. My poor blenny!

Is it unusual to just "lose" a fish in a 125g tank with 250+lbs of live rock? One of my clowns went missing a bit over a month ago and I never found him either. i also had a chromi go missing but I found his body underneath in my cabinet.

Should i be worried? Is there some killer in my tank or just bum luck? Water parameters are excellent so it's not that. ( amm 0, trite 0, trate-5! eek, ph 8.0, salinity 1.0255)

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I waited for weeks to get that fish and got it for a really good price too so I'm really bummed. Not sure I want to put another one in even. Just plain old discouraging. :-(

Old 11-22-2011, 09:45 AM   #3153
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to kurtyboh Send a message via Skype™ to kurtyboh
Not sure on this but i think if something was eating them theyed be killed in quickr succession.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:51 AM   #3154
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

250 lbs is a TON of rocks! When I had a scooter blenny he would disappear for a day or two at a time and I don't have anywhere near 250 lbs of rock. I truly hope he didn't die one thing I did think of is that if you had fish die in you'd tank and stay in there, that speaks volumes for your tank if the parameters are holding at those numbers.
huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:55 AM   #3155
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Yeah, I had Bob the sea hare die in there and I was on those tests and never a blip. Bob was pretty huge too and I had him for almost a year so I just figured it was his time as he lasted pretty long for a sea hare in an aquarium.

I'm hoping he comes out but based on how active he was he would have shown himself by now. :-( Just really sucks loosing a fish I guess, and not finding the body is even worse.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:04 AM   #3156
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Given that, id just keep my head up and pull through this, your fishkeeping practices are way too amazing to not ultimately end up with a perfect tank. Sometimes we gotta go through some rough patches to hit smooth road right?
huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:11 AM   #3157
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Yeah, just very disheartening is all. I really liked that midas. :-(

I was planning on adding some other fish soon, well as soon as I have a qt up and running. Supposed to be picking up a 20g or 29g with stand on thanksgiving from the inlaws for free so I plan on using that.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:15 AM   #3158
Aquarium Advice Freak

Carey did you qt your tangs that are in ur 125? Doesn't a full qt month or more in small tank stress out that tang more then putting them right in dt?
Old 11-22-2011, 11:19 AM   #3159
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I had my tangs in a 55g for qt purposes. But that tank is currently cycling now after I nuked it with ammonia. lol The yellow tang went right in though with no qt period, but that was before I lost 6 fish in less than a week.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:24 AM   #3160
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to HalfMoon B
I am so sorry to hear about your Midas Carey.
I lost my elegant blenny last week. Found my hermits having a snack. Still not sure what happened... Params were all norm.
I saw a Midas at my LFS yesterday and thought of you too, how weird...

Tags
1.5g, build, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com