Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i was planing on just using stock bulbs i know little to nothing about lights. i think il stick with the 4bulb fixture what would i be able to keep and should i go all white or two white to anitic

Hi guys...enjoying my thread? LOL

Set your blues to go on 1 hr b4 the whites and the whites off one hour before blues. I go: 9 am- blues 10 am whites then off whites at 8pm and blues at 9pm

well wolf...I'm pretty sure I'm almost done. lol

I want the pico as you know and I want a planted. I'm on my way with the planted, I'm gonna update that thread I made in the lounge I guess. I hate to make another thread since I did say this was my last...

carey theres never a last wiith us lol my biocube dream is bein put on hold this new fixture will cost me 100 then i still need that laptop. i like my lights on when i get home around 230 could i have whites on at 130 blues 230 whites off 1030 blues 1130?

thats up to you when you want to have them on. i'f prefer the lights off at 9pm since thats more or less when natures lights go out

Has it only been a month? It seems like so much longer LOl.

So not to get back on topic, but I'm looking at light bulbs.....Would it suck to just replace the bulbs with stock currents? I was gonna go ati but its 249$ and the currents are half that.

So whats the consensus? Should I skip the ATI bulbs and spend $120 or $250 for the top end bulbs? I have a few other purchases I have in mind for the 125g so every dollar I can save is a consideration.

I want to get a reactor(s) for carbon and GFO and I want to get an ATO cheapo setup.

wolf, i have an app on my phone that searches and lets me know when ever a new listing that I keyword comes online. I know within minutes. Thats how I got this 125g setup for $100. :)

I also JUST missed a 12g nano today, one guy beat me to it within minutes.

What is this app? I MUST know..

So whats the consensus? Should I skip the ATI bulbs and spend $120 or $250 for the top end bulbs? I have a few other purchases I have in mind for the 125g so every dollar I can save is a consideration.

I want to get a reactor(s) for carbon and GFO and I want to get an ATO cheapo setup.

if the bulbes now are currently working then keep them, but the inicial cost is high, you'll bee buying a bulb o two when you do change them again

lets also figure if this was a MH fixture with PC supplements thats 250 just for the MH let alone the PC tubes, prob another 150 just for those 4

Last edited:
I have play sand in my aquarium and never had a problem with silicates but it is coarse. And if you use play sand your water will clear up in minutes since it is grains and will drop down. On the contrary play sand is smooth but is really dirty when you buy so rinse really good.

LOL All good. I purchased 5 50lb bags of pool filter sand. :) I intend on rinsing really well.

Thanks for chiming in, glad people are reading this thread. hehe

Back
Top Bottom