Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea well I got alot of reading to do. And for the frame I'm sure your LFS sells replaceable frame sets. They should be under 40

Ibrahim said:
LOL scratch tht post I was on page 11 and thought you were still talking about sand.

Carey's threads all have adhd you can post 3 times a day and still be behind a topic

Omg! I can never keep up with her threads! I have 12 pages of catch-up every time I log on. Lol, She's got so many tanks now that I can't keep them straight anyway!

I'm so sorry guys. Sometimes my threads get a little out of hand. It just seems that people feel comfortable chatting in here so it just goes on and on LOL.

I have officially 8 tanks total. Including the empty 125g. 3 are freshwater and the rest are salt. I don't intend on getting anything other than a pico so the tanks will be bearable again.

Thanks for sticking it out through all those pages everyone, I hope it keeps you amused and you learn stuff on occasion. :-DD

No need to apologize! We understand and most of us live vicariously through your tanks anyway. Lol. Its just funny when you log in to one of your threads and realize that your 9 pages behind and have NO idea what folks are talking about. I think the conversations are great. Keep up all of your hard work so we can watch from our seats. Lol

You're going to like that Eshopps skimmer. It's the only skimmer I've ever had, as my tank is the first saltwater tank I've ever had. But that being said, I don't think you'll find a better bang for your buck. And to answer the question about depth, I have the PSK-150 and it said it operates most efficiently in 8-9 inches of water. It is VERY sensitive to the water levels too. Make sure to unplug the skimmer if you shut off your return pump or that joker will overflow all the foul skimmate into your sump.

You're going to like that Eshopps skimmer. It's the only skimmer I've ever had, as my tank is the first saltwater tank I've ever had. But that being said, I don't think you'll find a better bang for your buck. And to answer the question about depth, I have the PSK-150 and it said it operates most efficiently in 8-9 inches of water. It is VERY sensitive to the water levels too. Make sure to unplug the skimmer if you shut off your return pump or that joker will overflow all the foul skimmate into your sump.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad it worked out for you, I hope I have the same luck. It looks and feels like quality as far as i can tell. :)

Ihope I have the water level for it, I have no idea where the level will be. lol I also still have no idea on even where to start. I have a couple more days to think it all out.

It's an android app. If you search craigslist in the marketplace its the one with a purple peace sign. You can put in your search words and the different areas you want it to run those searches in. :)

True life saver!

We have progress!! I just sold off my 29g sw setup so I can now move the 55g into it's place and put the 125g there!! I was waiting on this build for the 29g to sell, so we now are going ahead. :-D

Woot!

Carey you need to sell your house,build a huge aquarium on some land and build your house around it.LOL

I sold my straight 29g sw. I still have the cube. :-D This was my first sw the 29g. I'll miss it. But now I get to break down the 55g totally and move the 55g over. Space as you can imagine is at a premium in my house.

I sold it for 180$. I was into it for $230 or so so I figure I got my money's worth. It had the t5 odysseas on it.

I sold off my elegance coral. :-( My clowns literally beat it almost to death. I had no place to put it, was way too big for the cube so it went with the tank. The guy took the water, sand and some rock. I took about 30lbs of rock out before i sold it for my 125. :) He also got my overstock of cuc from my 55g. i hate the dwarf ceriths lol.

Yeah. I'm sitting here dreading the 55g breakdown. I'm just staring at the tank dreading it LOL. But the sooner I do it the sooner the 125g is up. My return pump and overflow should be here tomorrow. I hope anyways. Because of the stand that came with the 55g I cant drain it down and slide it.

I planned on taking out most of the livestock, I was gonna leave the blenny and goby cause they are jumpers. if i leave maybe 10 gallons in it I figure two guys can lift and move it.

Back
Top Bottom