Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-08-2012, 12:43 AM   #3481
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
Thats just a green warpaint clown goby. he is such a little character! he loves to hang out in the corals, he nests in my toadstool. lol
Awesome. Definitely on my stocklist for my pico. I'd do a firefish instead but it'll probably be overstocking. Thanks

Old 03-08-2012, 07:33 AM   #3482
Aquarium Advice Addict

Very nice!

I really like the picture with the Anthias!

Have you ever worried that you might bring a fish over to the 125g when you move the frag racks back over?

redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:19 PM   #3483
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I hadn't thought of that. I'll have to make sure there are no stow aways on the racks. LOL

I found a serpent starfish and snail last night in my water change garbage can. haha It must have ridden in on the powerhead I took out of the 125g to mix water and salt with. LOL
Old 03-08-2012, 03:18 PM   #3484
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
I hadn't thought of that. I'll have to make sure there are no stow aways on the racks. LOL

I found a serpent starfish and snail last night in my water change garbage can. haha It must have ridden in on the powerhead I took out of the 125g to mix water and salt with. LOL
Lol! All sorts of hitchhikers! I guess they wanted a change of scenery.

I do remember how Candy ended up in the 125g by hiding in a rock. That must have been pretty weird to see her in the 125g.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:34 PM   #3485
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Do you kno3w I still feel bad about that? lol I really wish I still had her, she'd be perfect in the new 60g. Poor little candy, god knows what got her in that tank....:-(
Old 03-09-2012, 03:14 PM   #3486
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Picked up a copperband butterfly today. Here's hoping it does well for me.

The LFS has had him in their coral tank for the last month and he ate like a champ today so I think I have a good shot. Acclimating as I type. lol

Pictures of course will be up soon!
Old 03-09-2012, 03:43 PM   #3487
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I caught a picture of the fish in the bucket and figure I won't get a clear shot in the tank until everyone settles in. So here he is, Mr copperband butterfly. It's a pretty large fish too and has been an angel from catching him in the tank at the LFS to getting him in my bucket. lol he doesn't look stressed at all.

Old 03-09-2012, 03:52 PM   #3488
Aquarium Advice Addict

Oooooo, ahhh, lol.

Awesome fish carey, can't wait to see it swimming around!
Old 03-09-2012, 04:22 PM   #3489
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Jlsardina
Nice addition! I love mine. He eats just as well as the tangs do. Lol
Old 03-09-2012, 04:28 PM   #3490
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

so the fish has been in for like 20-30 min. It went straight to the left side back rocks. lol One by one each fish has come over to investigate him, no aggression at all. No tail swiping from the yellow which is the first time he hasn't done that to a new fish. I took a quick video of him starting to explore the tank, since the video he has gotten abotu 3/4 of the way across and still no issues. It looks like the other fish are scared of him lol. He is almost the size of twitchy tang. lol

I plan on leaving the blues on for another hour or two and then i will try to feed the tank. I will rest ALOT easier if I see him eat in MY tank.

Are copperbands like mandarins that can sitch off prepared foods whenever? Or once they eat it then you're good to go?

thanks!! here is the video, it's a silent one so you won't hear me yattering on and on. HAHA

http://youtu.be/1sWLMDYhFXE

Tags
1.5g, build, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com