Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-09-2012, 04:31 PM   #3491
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quick video, poor quality plus the tank is only lit by blues. The copperband has been in the tank bout half an hour now and so far so good. Most of the fish went over to his spot for now and investigated him and then moved on. Since I shot the video he has explored more of the tank, about 3/4 of it so far. lol

Does anyone know if these fish can revert off prepared foods like mandarins do? Or is it ok once he is eating it?

And here is the short, non narrated video, no yattering from me. LOL

http://youtu.be/1sWLMDYhFXE

Old 03-09-2012, 04:32 PM   #3492
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlsardina View Post
Nice addition! I love mine. He eats just as well as the tangs do. Lol
cool. thats good to hear. I didn't know you had a copperband butterfly. Did he alwasy eat fine or did it take awhile? Mine just demolished the brine shrimp the LFS put in the tank so I'm hoping he will eat here as well. How long have you had yours? Any issue with all those tangs?

Thanks!

Old 03-09-2012, 05:19 PM   #3493
Aquarium Advice Freak

The guys in the saltwater department at my job say that copperbands will usually keep eating if they are kept well(which im sure you'll keep him
In pristine condition) but there is a chance he may stop eating prepared foods.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:26 PM   #3494
Aquarium Advice Addict

Nice fish!
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:29 PM   #3495
Aquarium Advice Addict

Very nice!
Old 03-09-2012, 05:31 PM   #3496
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Jlsardina
Quote:
Originally Posted by carey

cool. thats good to hear. I didn't know you had a copperband butterfly. Did he alwasy eat fine or did it take awhile? Mine just demolished the brine shrimp the LFS put in the tank so I'm hoping he will eat here as well. How long have you had yours? Any issue with all those tangs?

Thanks!
He was a little skittish to eat at first- only going for pods- but now he eats mysis when I feed and grazes In between. I've had mine for a few months now and he is fat. Lol. My yellow didn't pick on him either- which was odd since he is the tank jerk (yellow tang). All my tangs leave him alone. He actually hangs around the fox face lo though quite a bit.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:17 PM   #3497
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Butterfly took a tiny bit of mysis today but thats it. :-( He is kinda hiding on the right side now, the yellow tang has been chasing him. Not flashing his tail at him but still chasing him.

Any advice? or is it too early to tell yet?
Old 03-10-2012, 03:50 PM   #3498
Aquarium Advice Addict

My Copperband has been in for 3 months, with a slightly larger yellow and kole. The yellow was definitely more aggressive, kole could pretty much care less. He wouldn't strike, but he would flash and show his dominance. It took about a week or so for him to accept it. Since then everybody has been fine. The Copperband was also eating frozen s. shrimp at the LFS, and still eats it and Mysis. Between feedings he grazes, mostly on pods and I think it's some form or Carribean Tube worm? Which is what I was hoping, the tube worm is becoming pest-like! Under yellow in pic. If you know what it is, please let me know. If not, I'll put a better pic of it on ID. Anyway, love my Copperband, and you probably will too! Good luck with the feedings!

Attachment 81700
Old 03-10-2012, 06:43 PM   #3499
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Jlsardina
Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
Butterfly took a tiny bit of mysis today but thats it. :-( He is kinda hiding on the right side now, the yellow tang has been chasing him. Not flashing his tail at him but still chasing him.

Any advice? or is it too early to tell yet?
It took a little while for mine to start eating mysis. And he did hide for about a week as well- but now is always front a center.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2268459041.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	81726  
Old 03-10-2012, 06:47 PM   #3500
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Oh, he's beautiful! Nice photo. Mine just snacked on a little bit of mysis a little while ago and is still kinda hiding. I'll be kicking the blues on earlier than usual, just wanted the corals to get some light today. Hopefully it's just a matter of a few days acclimating to the tank. If he isn't eating alot more by the end of the week i will be bringing him back to the lfs. :-(

Tags
1.5g, build, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com