Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-17-2012, 03:56 PM   #3511
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlsardina View Post
Lol. Nutball. I have both in the same tank. And both are very fat. My mandarin is so fat he barely moves! Lol.
LOL. That is good.

"A fat Mandarin is a healthy Mandarin."

redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:58 PM   #3512
Aquarium Advice Addict

Good to see everything's going well!

Old 03-17-2012, 07:07 PM   #3513
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Butterfly is doing well still, eating more and more every time I feed. I truly hope I can be an exception with keeping this fish and have it do well. I take everyone's advice very seriously before I make a decision but it seems this time I went against most of the advice I was given. Only time will tell if I made the right choice, I am still not against the idea of removing the fish if he stops eating. It would be a pain but I'd do it.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:24 PM   #3514
Aquarium Advice Addict

Glad to hear it carey!
Old 03-17-2012, 07:36 PM   #3515
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

As in life, where there is good news there is bad as well. :-(

The midas blenny. :-(

He jumped sometime during the night and my boyfriend was getting a glass of milk around 3 am and kinda stepped on him a little. he went to scoop the fish up and he flipped a tiny bit so my b/f dropped him back in the 90g.
The midas didn't move all day but was alive and just a few minutes ago we found the urchin having an early dinner on the midas. :-(

the fish actually made it into the kitchen when my b/f ran into him so who knows if it was being out of tank so long or my b/f stepping on him, but he didn't make it.

I am without a doubt ordering the netting from BRS this group buy, I am tired of loosing fish to jumping. I also lost the fairy wrasse about 2 weeks ago, he jumped as well. I only have 1/2 inch eggcrate covering it now.

To end on a more positive note, "miracle" the yellow watcheman goby is still ok. Still yellow and still swimming here and there occasionally. I think the jury's still out on him though, again, time will tell.

Thanks for reading guys....
Old 03-17-2012, 07:41 PM   #3516
Aquarium Advice Addict

Glad to here your Copperband is eating more and more.
I also debated for a long time before purchase, to help with what I thought was some type of tube-worm infestation, and I always wanted one, first Butterfly. Come to find out a few people suggested Hydroids,looked them up and I think that's right, but I swear he's eating them anyway, I've had him just over 3 months and the populations of these things look patchy. I know he could be hunting pods, but it looks like he's tearing the crowns off of them!
Anyway just wanted to comment because I have also really enjoyed watching this guy hunt, he's so cool... Here's a few in action!

Attachment 83098

Inverted!
Old 03-17-2012, 07:59 PM   #3517
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Awesome fish shots! Like the sun coral too. lol But yeah, I know for a fact mine was eating pods, he hunts like my mandarin. Very selective and slow, it takes seconds for him to decide to strike for food but overall very fun to watch. When I go up to the tank, every fish BUT the butterfly runs away, I love that about him! he is so people friendly.

thanks for the encouragement, and I hope you have continued good luck!
Old 03-17-2012, 08:08 PM   #3518
Aquarium Advice Addict

So sorry to here about your Midas, also a really cool fish. Think I would like to get into the next group buy as well.
Let me know what I have to do, if you would. Thanks, and again sorry about your fish, one heck of a roller coaster ride, sounds like an aquarium soap-opera! Lol. Good luck with the fly.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:16 PM   #3519
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flreefer View Post
So sorry to here about your Midas, also a really cool fish. Think I would like to get into the next group buy as well.
Let me know what I have to do, if you would. Thanks, and again sorry about your fish, one heck of a roller coaster ride, sounds like an aquarium soap-opera! Lol. Good luck with the fly.

thanks.

if you want in on the upcoming group buy just PM me your email address and last name. There is more info on that actual thread, it's under the equipment forum. It will tell you step by step how it works.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:45 PM   #3520
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
As in life, where there is good news there is bad as well. :-(

The midas blenny. :-(

He jumped sometime during the night and my boyfriend was getting a glass of milk around 3 am and kinda stepped on him a little. he went to scoop the fish up and he flipped a tiny bit so my b/f dropped him back in the 90g.
The midas didn't move all day but was alive and just a few minutes ago we found the urchin having an early dinner on the midas. :-(

the fish actually made it into the kitchen when my b/f ran into him so who knows if it was being out of tank so long or my b/f stepping on him, but he didn't make it.

I am without a doubt ordering the netting from BRS this group buy, I am tired of loosing fish to jumping. I also lost the fairy wrasse about 2 weeks ago, he jumped as well. I only have 1/2 inch eggcrate covering it now.

To end on a more positive note, "miracle" the yellow watcheman goby is still ok. Still yellow and still swimming here and there occasionally. I think the jury's still out on him though, again, time will tell.

Thanks for reading guys....
Sorry carey, I am glad Miracle is doing well though!

Do you have a link for the netting? I think it would be a good idea to get it for my tanks. Thanks.

Tags
1.5g, build, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com