Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-17-2012, 09:51 PM   #3521
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Just added two packages to my BRS shopping cart. they will be $9.60 during the buy I believe.

Clear 1/4" Screen Netting 6.5' x 2.5' - English

Old 03-20-2012, 07:43 PM   #3522
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Thought I'd share an update.

The tank is running good as usual thank goodness! But I got a HUGE scare yesterday. I was over by my computer station and just happened to glance over at the 125g as I do all day long. lol I was watching my male anthias chase after a chromi and up and out of the tank he went! I ran over and flipped him into my hand (BIG fish) and put him back in. He landed on a towel I had lying on the floor when I was doing some work on the sump earlier. Not sure if that cushioned his fall or not, lol, this guy is way too big to be flopping outta the tank.

Second thing!! I went in search of aipastias today and could only find them on the clue clove polyp rock where they originated from! It would appear that the butterfly is eating them! I'm not getting too happy about it cause I can't be 100%, I haven't seen him actually eat any but they are it seems, gone for now. Also, the butterfly pecked at some flake food today, he really is a piggy. He gets knocked around in the feeding frenzy when I feed but he is eating major amounts of frozen food now. I also see him eating pods as well so as far as diet goes he seems to be doing well.

Thats about it for the 125g for now. Planning on buying the bio-pellet reactor this group buy at the end of the month so that should be fun.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:49 PM   #3523
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yay, I love updates! Wow, your fish are jumpers!!! Since I don't have an official top on my 125g yet I have a ton of different kinds of lids and my 55g lids, . It looks quite hideous! I need to get some of that netting!

Glad the Copperband is doing so well and your aipastia problem may be getting better!

I was pretty surprised at the actual size of the Blue Reefs. When I was at that LFS on Sunday they had some and I thought they were pretty big! I have just never seen them in person before though!
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:59 PM   #3524
Aquarium Advice Addict

Good thing you saw the fish in time to save it! It's great that everything is going well for you!
Old 03-20-2012, 10:03 PM   #3525
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Jlsardina
Carey- I expect nothing less than a perfect tank and happy inhabitants from you. Lol. You are the fish mommy!!!
Old 03-20-2012, 11:17 PM   #3526
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
Thought I'd share an update.

The tank is running good as usual thank goodness! But I got a HUGE scare yesterday. I was over by my computer station and just happened to glance over at the 125g as I do all day long. lol I was watching my male anthias chase after a chromi and up and out of the tank he went! I ran over and flipped him into my hand (BIG fish) and put him back in. He landed on a towel I had lying on the floor when I was doing some work on the sump earlier. Not sure if that cushioned his fall or not, lol, this guy is way too big to be flopping outta the tank.

Second thing!! I went in search of aipastias today and could only find them on the clue clove polyp rock where they originated from! It would appear that the butterfly is eating them! I'm not getting too happy about it cause I can't be 100%, I haven't seen him actually eat any but they are it seems, gone for now. Also, the butterfly pecked at some flake food today, he really is a piggy. He gets knocked around in the feeding frenzy when I feed but he is eating major amounts of frozen food now. I also see him eating pods as well so as far as diet goes he seems to be doing well.

Thats about it for the 125g for now. Planning on buying the bio-pellet reactor this group buy at the end of the month so that should be fun.
Get that netting soon! It makes me sick to think about fish dying because they jumpe out of the tank! Haha i learned my lesson with covering a tank many years ago...

Carey's tank= amazing.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:43 PM   #3527
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

So I went on a photo binge today, LOL. Took a couple of shots of this tank so I figured I'd post some.

Also as an update, as of now I have been running the biopellet reactor for a month with no results so far. But I have read it can take up to 2 months so I'll just keep monitoring and see what happens.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:45 PM   #3528
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

And a couple more lol

Old 04-29-2012, 11:56 PM   #3529
Aquarium Advice Addict

Very nice... Tempted to get that copper band... What region is urs from?
Old 04-30-2012, 12:02 AM   #3530
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I knew the answer but have forgotten where she came from lol.

It was at the LFS for about a month or more before he put it up for sale. He had it eating by hand actually and it ate very well at the store which was the only reason why i dared try one. I lost my other butterfly for absolutely no reason so I was/am worried about him still. lol

Tags
1.5g, build, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com