Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-05-2012, 08:57 PM   #3561
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

i did not have any side effects in my 125g at all, no cyano no bacteria bloom. Now my 60g tank got a bloom that just faded yesterday, lasted about 4-5 days. I've only been running a cup or less-ish of pellets in an old phosban reactor for maybe 2 weeks so not sure if the cyano will be coming to the 60g. LOL

I have the output of the reactor going almost directly into my skimmer intake so I should be getting results soon. ever hopeful...lol

Old 05-05-2012, 09:00 PM   #3562
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Any reason why you have the return ontop of the skimmer's intake?

Sniperhank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:50 PM   #3563
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

The reactor output is supposed to go as close to the intake as possible to maximize organic removal that the bio pellet afford. At least that is what every site and reference I have referred to has said. lol

My copperband is a BEAST by the way, I had a rock with an aipastia on it in the 90g so I moved it into this tank. Took him about 20 minutes to find it an eat it! I have one more rock to move over but I expect similar results. Such a great fish the copperband, I wish they weren't so hard to take care as far as food. I have also noticed my pod population has decreased so I know he is eating them, he also eats prepared like a total pig still. Little fattie .....

Also still messing with placement for my torch which has not been looking stellar the last few months. It really doesn't like being on the sand bed so I keep trying to find a mid tank spot for it. Also finally lost the candycanes, they were not happy for the last 6 months or so and finally it lost all it's flesh. Kinda bummed about it, had that coral for like a year. :-(

Figured I'd share some of the bad news as well as the good. Other than that the tank is good. The fish are absolutely great, I've been spending alot of time just sitting in front of it watching it. lol Wish I had room for another tang but I think I am maxed out on them. I think I can get another fish or two but have no idea what i would get. Guess it will be a magic special fish that i will know when I see it.

Thanks everyone for reading!
Old 05-06-2012, 02:06 PM   #3564
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sorry for the loss of your Candycanes.

I am glad the Butterfly is doing so well! It must be a fantastic feeling! Maybe I'll get one for my 125g in a year or two when things are more established.

I say you get a Purple Firefish or an Australian Stripey, LOL.
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:10 PM   #3565
Aquarium Advice Addict

Carey what fish do you have in mind?? Bottom dwellers or swimmers?
Old 05-06-2012, 02:18 PM   #3566
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I'm thinking a swimmer fish. I have 2 blennys and a goby already. The only fish I can come up with is another female anthias and/or mroe blue reef chromis. I dont think a large fish will be a good choice, like a tang or a foxface or anything like that.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:22 PM   #3567
Aquarium Advice Addict

Do you have a wrasse?? Im sure you do. Haha i want the exquisit fairy wrasse
Old 05-06-2012, 02:24 PM   #3568
Aquarium Advice Addict

That's a good idea!

What about a Clown Fairy Wrasse? I love their coloring.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:31 PM   #3569
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I have 3 wrasses in the 90g, the 125g is open top so I didn't want a jumper in there. lol

Never got around to making covers for this tank and I dont think it will work so well anyways cause of all the stuff hanging off the tank. Overflow, return pipe, the powerhead cords....it'll be alot of cutting out of the screen. :-(
Old 05-17-2012, 09:04 PM   #3570
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hi Carey, I was just curious,

Did you ever get your Fungia Plate Coral to bounce back? I was just looking at some old tank videos and saw it.

I like them, but I don't want to buy one someday if they are super hard to look after.

Thanks!

Tags
1.5g, build, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com