Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You need to get back in the saddle, get another fish. What do you have in mind for your livestock? Still one clown and a Goby?

You;re not alone, I am really stressing the tang in the tank. It's only been up a few days and I know they are special fish that get stressed easily. i don't want my first fatality to be the tang! Then again, I don't want any of them to be first LOL

In the uk we have the same stores but they are called pets at home nearly all the stores get their fish from a company called tmc most of my fish have come from here and I haven't had any trouble with their livestock tmc quarantine there lives stock for 4 weeks before sending to the stores 

Yeah, the guy at Petco said he qt's them for 2 weeks. Guess we'll see. lol

I shut down my whites on the tank so maybe the tang will be more inclined to come out. Can't wait to see her race six feet back and forth!!

Thanks Glen, I'm just second guessing myself as usual.

carey said:
You need to get back in the saddle, get another fish. What do you have in mind for your livestock? Still one clown and a Goby?

You;re not alone, I am really stressing the tang in the tank. It's only been up a few days and I know they are special fish that get stressed easily. i don't want my first fatality to be the tang! Then again, I don't want any of them to be first LOL

idk honestly im open to suggestions now idk what i want

I think a clown, a clown goby and maybe a tiny watchman, like a yellow one. I'm not too sure how big the yellows get. Just a thought. The goby I got today is pretty small and he was only $17.

i hope to get a 180g soon but since MrX brought up the plywood tank concept to me i'm so inclined to building a nice 53"x24"x24" 130g with the glass i have in my garage

I think a clown, a clown goby and maybe a tiny watchman, like a yellow one. I'm not too sure how big the yellows get. Just a thought. The goby I got today is pretty small and he was only $17.

the yellow watchmans get to 3"

you have a 10g right? only if you plan on upgrading. an osilleris clown can get to 3.5 inches, they get to big for a 10g

Hmm 3" isnt too big. especially for a goby. My spotted is over 5" probably already lol

or is it too big for a 10g? Just thinking of possibilities for wolf. i want to see his tank come to life!

Just woke up to my skimmer on my 55g not working. :-(

I was going to keep the livestock in this tank for a few days before moving it over to the 125g but now with the skimmer being down I'm not so sure. I already moved almost all the LR outta the 55g so there's like nothing left.

Should I be concerned with getting the 55g livestock moved or do you think it's OK for a couple days with minimum filtration?

I was hoping to move my corals over today though at least. And still no sign of the Tang. She was peeking out at me last night but no sign of her yet today. I hope she is ok.

i worry way too much don't I?

Good news, the tang is happily swimming around, just not when I get close to the tank. LOL I think she's still afraid of me.

I did a water test and came up with almost .25 of ammonia. :-( I take it the ammonia is from the LR? I have no trates and no trites. Though the trates look like they are almost turning from yellow to an orange...almost..

How do I do a water change with a sump? Shut everything down and take water from the DT? Then put it back in the DT and turn the power back on?
I know I've read of people doing it in their sump but I want a nice and super easy way to do it.

Thanks

I think they are. lol She's swimming around, I can see her from my computer but as soon as I go over to get a picture she hides. She peeks out and looks at me then runs away and then repeats. hehe She's also pecking at the rocks so I guess she's hungry but she hasn't touched the seaweed I put out or the flakes I put in.

Back
Top Bottom