Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You know how long I've been wanting one, just wait your turn. LOL

What do you think about the ammonia? SHould I do a pwc?

in all honesty while .25 is accepted of course 0 is best id say make some sw up mabye 25% and test at 11:30 12 and go from there

I really wouldn't start moving over your stock. What are your parameters in the 120 today? If I was you, I would just move the skimmer from the 120 over to the 55. It really doesn't have anything to skim right now anyways. Hopefully your tang shows up.

I think they are. lol She's swimming around, I can see her from my computer but as soon as I go over to get a picture she hides. She peeks out and looks at me then runs away and then repeats. hehe She's also pecking at the rocks so I guess she's hungry but she hasn't touched the seaweed I put out or the flakes I put in.

WOAAA when did you get a tang?? How did I miss this! What page is it on??

haha yah I just looked back a few pages and found the pic! Our achilles hid for a few weeks from us after we got him! We had to feed them and then go hide so he couldn't see us haha.

carey said:
I just finished up acclimation, had two different tanks to go back and forth between.

I got a red striped sleeper goby for the 29g cube and yes, I did it, I got my first Tang!!!! A yellow eyed Kole tang. I know they are the tang of choice for smaller tanks but I really wanted one anyways. So I guess I will have 3 tangs in all when it's done.

here's the best shots I could get, the tang is in hiding. She keeps poking her head out lol. The goby is already eating and seems very happy. woot woot!

I missed this yesterday!!! We have matching tangs, lol! How is she doing?

Cool, I just wish i could see her eat. I would feel loads better. lol

What about the ammonia? It has a tinge of green to the test, no trites and looks like there might be a slight reading on the nitrates. the rock was moved over on Thursday. Could that be the ammonia source?
And how do I do a PWC with a sump?

shut it off pump the water out and pump the replacement water back in to where you marked it off (hopefully)

edit shut off the return pump that is lol

If you have .25 ammonia now, then moving all your stock would cause a spike. Allow the bio filter to catch up for a little while, then move a fish or two at a time to play it safe.

only if you wanna change more then whats in the sump how many gallons does ur sump hold?

Mine eats frozen stuff and this am she ate formula two flakes. It really likes the frozen shrimp though, lol!

The ammonia is most likely from die off and the tang. It should go away within a week or so.

you got a kole eye tang? lol me too!! i got one last weekend

Do a couple if pwc this week and once you have had zero ammonia and nitrite for a week start moving fish.

Back
Top Bottom