Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-14-2011, 12:22 AM   #41
Aquarium Advice Addict

I would say if it is holding water after a week go for it. You can use the epoxy to just shore things up.

Old 05-14-2011, 12:46 AM   #42
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

One concern is that it's going along the same wall as my entertainment center. If she blows it's gonna get ugly. :-(

I can flip the tank around so that the gouge is 6 feet away from the electronics but that the furthest I can get from the flat screen.

Old 05-14-2011, 03:17 AM   #43
Aquarium Advice Addict

hmm the epoxy would probably be good to fix the chip.

i just remembered way back when i was a kid we had a fresh water 20g and there was a chip in the glass that was of a decent size and it held and was still holding years after when my uncle took it after we stopped using it
Old 05-14-2011, 04:16 AM   #44
Aquarium Advice Freak

Carey Carey Carey another tank LOL your addicted hey are you going to use the wet dry sump you got with your last six footer?? That would be perfect! Good luck. I would love to get a marine reef tank one day.....one day we will.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:34 AM   #45
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny69 View Post
Carey Carey Carey another tank LOL your addicted hey are you going to use the wet dry sump you got with your last six footer?? That would be perfect! Good luck. I would love to get a marine reef tank one day.....one day we will.

I don't have the wet/dry still, I sold it off with a total piece of crap skimmer. LOL It wouldn't have worked though, I want a refugium. I would have liked it if I still had the overflow boxes, oops.

I'm kinda thinking I might wanna go with no sump, just go au natural.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:40 PM   #46
Aquarium Advice Addict

a sump/fuge is natural just the skimmer isn't
Old 05-14-2011, 12:48 PM   #47
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Just debating what I wanna do. I figured a hob reactor and hob skimmer might be enough along with 200lbs of rock.

I am interested in doing a sump for the refugium aspect though. I'm going out shopping and looking today for ideas. I have enough room finally underneath a tank too for a sump.

decisions decisions....

My first priority is the lighting since once I have that I can start my buiild. I found a 72" 4 X 96w compact flourescent fixture for really cheap. Thats not gonna be nearly enough light though is it? The t5 setup I;m looking at is the current pro with 12 bulbs. Only benefit is I can probably get the t5's on trade. But either way I would have to buy bulbs too I;m guessing.
Old 05-14-2011, 01:52 PM   #48
Aquarium Advice Addict

no the PC fixture won't be near powerful enough.

the bulbs may be a little costly but when you go big it costs more.

as far as the sump goes, why not use your 55g and DIY it, its really simple and just requires some 1/4" acrylic sheets and silicone from home depot
Old 05-14-2011, 01:59 PM   #49
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

The 55 won't fit underneath well. I already had that thought. lol It will be too long I think and the width back to front is only 14 inches and thats being liberal.

I was looking at breeder tanks but they will be too tall. :-(

I'm checking out the berlin sumps online and I like em. Just don't like the price.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:07 PM   #50
Aquarium Advice Addict

how much space do you have on the inside?

Tags
1.5g, build, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com