Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mr x ,..thanks for chiming in as well,...do you find anything wrong in using the bleach method as long as everything is rinsed out well ?
P.s. Thanks for not yelling at me

I didn't wanna put you on the spot or anything, I'm just deathly afraid of killing my tank and figured there'd have to be a better way that would rest my mind. lol

If what youre doing works i see no reason to stop. :)

carey said:
I didn't wanna put you on the spot or anything, I'm just deathly afraid of killing my tank and figured there'd have to be a better way that would rest my mind. lol

If what youre doing works i see no reason to stop. :)

No worries Carey,... My method works beautifully for me,..they come out looking and smelling like brand new,.... :- )

mr_X said:
no, i don't find anything wrong with it Dary. i just didn't feel the need to have them as white as the bed sheets! :cool:

Carey,...By the sounds of it " we're all winners!",....... :) ...... We just needed a little assurance from " dad " ... Thanks Doug

theres nothign really wrong with bleach, yeah it contains chlorine but its easy to rinse off.

alot of peopel use bleach to wash out their empty tanks or even rinse of some dry rock or dried out live rock

Just call me paranoid LOL. I'll try the washing machine thing and see how they come out. If they are still too dirty I'll bleach em and rinse em and use prime too. That should make me feel safer.

Shopping wasn't a total failure today. I picked up 2 skunk cleaning shrimp and some stuff for the pico.

Also got 2 more filter socks so I can try to rotate them and keep them clean. :)

Unfortunately my baby blue caribbean tang isn't coming in til tomorrow so I guess I gotta make another trip. LOL

I've done ALOT of research on tangs and have never come across that name. maybe it's something else too?

I thought if any one would know about a tang it would be you lol they have on at my lfs and they said it would be ok in my 100g with my yellow but I'm not so sure

Glen-cowling said:
I thought if any one would know about a tang it would be you lol they have on at my lfs and they said it would be ok in my 100g with my yellow but I'm not so sure

It's ok gti Leo found out it's a lieutenant tang and it needs 180g min and it's aggressive with other tangs won't be using the new store again lol

LOL I've seen them. I once had an lfs tell me an atlantic blue tang would be perfect for a 55g. sometimes you gotta do more research, I'm learning that lesson the hard way.

carey said:
LOL I've seen them. I once had an lfs tell me an atlantic blue tang would be perfect for a 55g. sometimes you gotta do more research, I'm learning that lesson the hard way.

Yeah I'm glad I didn't fall for the impulse buy sometimes the demon inside gets the better of me especially when someones telling me it's ok lol

Back
Top Bottom