Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
img_1406540_0_47cf016e2530382cab89b2cf578fb145.jpg

img_1406540_1_a54a155c5f42526f77bef5621d0886d1.jpg

img_1406540_2_0dbff4ffdef37073b240be257f5e46b6.jpg

img_1406540_3_f0ce9275b902f4cd76b317904ba72989.jpg

i don't know if its just me or its the pictures but the lighting makes things look greenish. either way how is the lighting holding up, are the bulbs that came with the fixture worth keeping or are you feelign a replacement?

anyone ever notice how angry and aggressive lookign the royal grammas look, but yet they are a pretty peaceful nice looking little fishy?

Actually i'm not happy with the 10k whites, as soon as i sell my 55g setup I'll replace them with some aquablue specials. The rock is green though, its the new base rock so its getting covered in algae. :)

oh do you have any coralline encrusted pieces that you can scrape and float it around the aquarium?

what brand of lamps are in there currently? i assume you have 6 10000k and 6 actinic, correct?

They are current brand lamps. And yep, 6 and 6. I have a ton of pruple in there, it had just started taking over the back glass in the 55g so I assume it will be a few more weeks until you can see it again. Mostly I have a red hard algae that everyone says is coralline, I have more of that than anything else really.

Royal Gramma looks angry, lol. But yea, I guess those 10000k current brands have a lot of greens/yellows in em. My tank just has 50/50 PC bulbs and a 50/50 12 watt strip and it's noticeably bluer. Corals seem happy though. Looks like I'll avoid current brand in the future :d. Those lights seem bright but they make the algae fluoresce lol.

Thanks guys. Thats a pink spotted watchman goby, quite large too. :)

I will be getting new lamps one of these days, hopefully sooner rather than later. Just depends on when I sell the 55g. Or if i have enough credit left on a charge card. !!ROFL

carey said:
Here's a lot of pictures! i couldn't help myself LOL

Carey in the first picture it looks like you have a piece of paper with your " hit list" on it,....didn't see my name,..whew ..... Beautiful looking tank by the way

Last edited:
aren't pink spotted gobies supposed to be in a 30g or larger? they get to abotu 4 inches long

Last edited:
We are all following too many of her threads...rofl!! I keep getting them confused too!

Well now u let me know when u sit and smoke and I will join you. Bit mine you I may break out some beer. Sounds sooo relaxing. Can't wait for mine.:)

Back
Top Bottom