Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
they are such nice swimmers, i like going on youtube and lookign for videos of them swimming. very eel like

check this video out :)

Last edited:
Love your tank, fish, video :) You are doing fantastic being a Yuppy Mamma:). They do look active and healthy. I noticed you said she when referring to the fish. I know there are different sexes, but I'll be danged if I'd be able to tell them apart. Humans easier.........well most of the time. LOL

Hey would you want/be able to post pics of your equipment and sumps and stuff too????
(Toss one or two in my build if you want, you're build is getting so long, everytime I come in I gotta read 4 or pages to get caught up, it's awesome LOL)

People explain but I don't get it til I can picture it. So now you have to fill up more pages in your build with many many many more pictures with all the tanks LOL.

Soooo keep the pics coming. They are AWESOME.

Am still following, and loving the butter:popcorn:

My sump is setup idiot proof since the person maintaining it is one egg short of a dozen ;-) LOL

I'll get a photo up tomorrow after I have the proper lighting going on.

i appreciate those who read through the pages and pages, theres some nuggets of knowledge wedged in there somewhere I like to think.

I have no idea what sex any of my fish are except the anthias, I know thats a male. I like to think of the kole as a girl and the bleu and yellow as boys, something about the way they look and act.

I'm soo weird I know....

lol why would you say you're so weird, i names my percs knee and moe :p my girlfriend made me changed knees name to kneela since it seems liek the female, she is bigger the moe

Thanks wolf, glad you watched. I'll do the next one after I get my schooling fish and some more impressive corals. :)

LOL. And you get to hear my voice, it's so manly on the videos. hehe...but it's all good. It gives a different dimension to the tank to I think,

Idiot proof, LOL now that's funny, why do you think I ramble so much. I posted pictures so people could see where and what I was working with cause I can't explain and I don't understand without picturing it LOL.

So if this is the idiot proof weirdo club......then..............I'm tagging along:).

Lots of good info in your pages!!!!!!!

If you get a chance, check out my Fish Corner to be in my Living Room.

Ok I've read every post in this thread. I saw in another post you test for copper. I don't have that test.

What all do you test for in your SW tanks and what do you use?

Do you supplement calcium and stuff too?

I am a little obsessive when it comes to test kits. LOL. I mostly have salifert tests now, they are more expensive but really really accurate. i don't really dose anything, ocassionally I may put some purple up in, but thats if i remember and that might be once a week or maybe every other week,

I have the follwoing tests i think, I may leave out one or two- ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, hi ph, gh, kh, alkalinity, magnesium, calcium, copper, silicate and I think thats it. I have multiple tests too of many of them. That way i can cross check an odd reading if it comes up.

Great video. Your tank looks better and better each time I see it. I love how your look. There seems to be plenty oh hiding spaces. Do you attach your rock or just stack it? It you attach it how do you do so?

PistolPete said:
Great video. Your tank looks better and better each time I see it. I love how your look. There seems to be plenty oh hiding spaces. Do you attach your rock or just stack it? It you attach it how do you do so?

I just stack it but its dug down pretty deep since I have a dsb. I only used the back wall for a couple pieces I wanted the fish to be able to swim behind the rock too.

I am a little obsessive when it comes to test kits. LOL. I mostly have salifert tests now, they are more expensive but really really accurate. i don't really dose anything, ocassionally I may put some purple up in, but thats if i remember and that might be once a week or maybe every other week,

I have the follwoing tests i think, I may leave out one or two- ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, hi ph, gh, kh, alkalinity, magnesium, calcium, copper, silicate and I think thats it. I have multiple tests too of many of them. That way i can cross check an odd reading if it comes up.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh crap. I need more stufffffffff Lmao:banghead:

Purple up is all I dose, too lol. Within a week of dosing it coralline started and now the back glass is 50% purple. Now if only it would spread as fast on the rocks...lol.

For Buffy, who wanted an idiot proof sump setup. :)

Here is the sump setup I'm using. Looks a little cluttered but it's really easy to follow. The far right chamber is where the return pump is, the center section is the refugium with LR, sand and macro algae. The left compartment is where the double inlet is going into my filter sock along with my filthy skimmer. Basically all you need to do is hook up the hose to the overflow box thats in your tank to the inlet on the sump. The water flows thru the compartments until it gets pumped back up to the tank.

One thing I learned is to put a hole in the return nozzle so that in case of power failure the tank doesnt siphon back into the sump too much. I'm using a continous overflow hooked up to a pump so as soon as the light s go out the overflow stops. I caouldnt get the hang of the U tube siphon type of overflow, kept loosing siphon.
Hope this helps:

img_1412233_0_d7a91705f6384d972efbeebd3fb9a2e0.jpg

img_1412233_1_55d68b11b1398f73b2c52a350f7eb69a.jpg

img_1412233_2_1cf776f4835f4ca1a9be8c681174982a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom