Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-15-2011, 07:26 AM   #61
Aquarium Advice Freak

Chip

I've finally been able to have a proper look at the pics of the tank on my pc, that chip doesnt look too bad. I would turn it around, out of sight out of mind. If it holds for the week I am sure it will be just fine. Looks like when you paint this one black it will be a good match to your Cichlid 125g. Your feeding my interest in starting a marine tank lol

Old 05-15-2011, 10:14 AM   #62
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny69 View Post
I've finally been able to have a proper look at the pics of the tank on my pc, that chip doesnt look too bad. I would turn it around, out of sight out of mind. If it holds for the week I am sure it will be just fine. Looks like when you paint this one black it will be a good match to your Cichlid 125g. Your feeding my interest in starting a marine tank lol

That was what i was thinking, just hide it and keep my fingers crossed.

I've always been a freshwater girl, but after my first sw tank the fever got me. LOL FW and SW are so different but yet its much the same. Little more money, little more attention are the primary differences at least to me.

You should go out and get a tank and give it a go. The fish are astounding in sw. I thought my cichlids were colorful LOL

Old 05-15-2011, 10:25 AM   #63
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey

That was what i was thinking, just hide it and keep my fingers crossed.

I've always been a freshwater girl, but after my first sw tank the fever got me. LOL FW and SW are so different but yet its much the same. Little more money, little more attention are the primary differences at least to me.

You should go out and get a tank and give it a go. The fish are astounding in sw. I thought my cichlids were colorful LOL
Whenever we go fish shopping the first place we look is all the amazing marine fish, just beautiful!!! I reckon Finding Nemo did wonders for the marine game. One day we will for sure!!!! But not until I am ready to put in the extra effort and of course money right now we simply don't have the room
Old 05-15-2011, 10:28 AM   #64
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

You can always start with a nano. My 29 cube takes up like no room and it looks like furniture with the stand and it all looking perfect together. Alot of people say go big or go home with a SW tank but I started out with a 29g and learned the ropes. It also makes it a lot less expensive.

We'll have to see your sw build one day. I promise I'd follow.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:36 AM   #65
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
You can always start with a nano. My 29 cube takes up like no room and it looks like furniture with the stand and it all looking perfect together. Alot of people say go big or go home with a SW tank but I started out with a 29g and learned the ropes. It also makes it a lot less expensive.

We'll have to see your sw build one day. I promise I'd follow.
Don't tempt me lol those 29 nano set ups are fantastic!!!! It's the misses i need to convince :-/
Old 05-15-2011, 10:43 AM   #66
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Way i figure it is if you make money you should be able to buy what you want within reason. You can also tell her you can put pretty little nemos in there, what woman doesnt love nemo? And just show her some of the cute nano fish, I think you'd win her over. LOL It's just an extra hour of work a week or so once it's setup.

I feel like a sw tank salesman. hehe i just want everyone to experience the joy I get from my tanks I guess.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:56 AM   #67
Aquarium Advice Addict

Nano tanks are definitely cool, I need one to use as a QT, lol. Carey has a point, look into all the cool fish you can keep in it.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:01 PM   #68
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

So what do youthink of this sump?

Eshopps RS 200 Berlin Style Reef Sump, for tanks 125-225 gallons - AquaCave

I don't quite understand the setup though. where does the skimmer go and is there room for a refugium area? The last chamber is for the return pump right? Or does the skimmer go in there too?

Thanks guys, I know my questions can be tedious. lol
Old 05-15-2011, 12:20 PM   #69
Aquarium Advice Addict

cools liek the skimmer goes in the last chamber with the return pump. i've seen some sump systems run like this although i'm sure you can get a skimmer with an external pump and move just the pump to the first chamber and take water from there and drain it in the return section
Old 05-15-2011, 12:29 PM   #70
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

What if I continue to use the skimmer I have? With a mag3 pump it says its rated to 120g. I really love my remora and have had no issues with it. Part of the reason why I was thinking on going sumpless for awhile.

What if i get a cheap wet/dry? Will that have any benefit? I know I can probably afford a used one. I'm really wanting to start the tank up if you can't tell. LOL

If i can score the lights this week i can proceed much more quickly. i also was thinking about drilling the tank but with the glass gouge I dont wanna put any other stresses on it.

I am all over the board on this build, sorry. Just so impatient to start it.

Tags
1.5g, build, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com