Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have the 55g ready and waiting, just checked the parameters yesterday and its still good.

Do you think I should try to catch him? I don't wanna stress him any more than he clearly is.

carey said:
He likes the NLS flakes and pellets and have been feeding tank several different frozen preparations. He was eating like a champ until yesterday afternoon.

What about sea weed? I had a buuddy that had same issue. Granted he had it alittle longer then a few days before this occurred.

Yep, I've been keeping red and green out for them but he doesnt get it yet. The yellow tang digs in like he's starving though. lol

carey said:
I have the 55g ready and waiting, just checked the parameters yesterday and its still good.

Do you think I should try to catch him? I don't wanna stress him any more than he clearly is.

That might be your only hope.He looks like he is stressed,probably by your other Tangs .Sure you haven't noticed them picking on him?

carey said:
Yep, I've been keeping red and green out for them but he doesnt get it yet. The yellow tang digs in like he's starving though. lol

Haha greedy

They only chased him around the first day and night. After that they were all swimming back and forth in a group. He was looking really good then suddenly went downhill.

carey said:
They only chased him around the first day and night. After that they were all swimming back and forth in a group. He was looking really good then suddenly went downhill.

I just know from past experience Tangs can turn on each other fast.

Just found the blue tang lying on the bottom. I tried to net him but he scooched under some rock. The only way to get him is to break down that corner of rock BUT I can't get the 6 foot light fixture off the tank by myself.

hate to say it but my experience with fish says if they lay down on the bottom its pretty much the end

I know. I'm sitting here watching him die and theres nothing I can do. The anthias is with him so he's not alone. His breathing looks normal, he's just on his side.

What the heck am I supposed to do? What can i do?

I'm trying to figure out how to get my short arms in there and move some rock but I don't think I can do it with the light on.

I am beyond a nervous wreck. I've never had a sick fish die before and I didn't wanna start now.

carey said:
I know. I'm sitting here watching him die and theres nothing I can do. The anthias is with him so he's not alone. His breathing looks normal, he's just on his side.

What the heck am I supposed to do? What can i do?

I'm trying to figure out how to get my short arms in there and move some rock but I don't think I can do it with the light on.

I am beyond a nervous wreck. I've never had a sick fish die before and I didn't wanna start now.

Very nerve racking situation no doubt but I had to laugh over not being alone..way to shed some light on a dark issue.

I think I'm dying a little bit inside. :-(

I only have a 80 yr old woman next door. My b/f isnt due home until 4:30. I may be able to make some calls and see if i can get one of his friends to come over. Maybe.

I hate knowing so much and still not being able to help.

The anthias is still with the tang, in fact the yellow is now there too under the rock overhang.

This is what i get for not stacking my rock against the back wall, theres too much swim room back there and no access

this is going to sound a lot meaner than I intend it, but if you can't even get into the tank in an emergency situation maybe you shouldn't have a tank that big?

Rather than complaining about your inability to do anything, find a way, even if it's not comfortable at this point it's about the life of your fish right?

this is going to sound a lot meaner than I intend it, but if you can't even get into the tank in an emergency situation maybe you shouldn't have a tank that big?

Rather than complaining about your inability to do anything, find a way, even if it's not comfortable at this point it's about the life of your fish right?

your right that didnt sound mean it sounded terrible lol

Flake said:

This is coming from a guy who only has a 8 gallon pico..take it lightly...

Carey, what about taking a chair, putting a box or laundry basket on it and putting one side of the light on it, then get the other side off?

This is coming from a guy who only has a 8 gallon pico..take it lightly...

I'm not sure where you get your info from but other than being woefully incorrect, it's coming from someone who gave up her 210 gallon tank because she couldn't reach into it and do proper maintenance enough to keep it healthy. It's more like "speaking from experience".

Flake said:
I'm not sure where you get your info from but other than being woefully incorrect, it's coming from someone who gave up her 210 gallon tank because she couldn't reach into it and do proper maintenance enough to keep it healthy. It's more like "speaking from experience".

It was a joke who owns a 8 gallon pico..? Was meant for laughs.

Back
Top Bottom