Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-31-2011, 05:41 PM   #701
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Just make sure the sump fits under the stand before filling the tank. I had to lift my stand over my sump, lol! Will need a bat to get it out with tank in place.

Old 05-31-2011, 05:44 PM   #702
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

My sump actually fits through the front center doors. The sump is already in just waiting on the water and need to start rinsing the sand.

The only issue I may have is that theres a support beam for the stand underneath in the dead center of the stand. I also have 2 support bars in the frame of the tank so it may be a tight fit for the overflow box and hoses. I'm still figuring out how I want everything underneath. To make matters worse i only have 1 double socket to work with so i will be tight on plug in ability too.

Always something......

Old 05-31-2011, 06:14 PM   #703
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0o.Kelsey.o0 View Post
I would add the sand, then the water, then the rock, keeping the rock wet in their buckets as long as possible. I'd also put a plate or something flat down to try not to stir up the sand too much. I always try too push the rocks into the sand too so any burrowing fish don't get squished when they remove the sand underneath.

she wants to use a DSB so its best to put the live rock in first then the sand. so i'd fill it up to first, then add the rock and then the sand last then fill the sump up.

also carey its not a bad thing to mix the water in the tank when you're first starting it up and have no live stock

PS: you have an aqueon heater in your 55? how do you like it? i have a glass aqueon and i love it, it keeps the water temps steady
Old 05-31-2011, 06:25 PM   #704
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Thanks leo. forgot about the dsb. And yeah I have those heaters in most of my tanks and so far no problems.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:47 PM   #705
Aquarium Advice Addict

no problem i'm always here to lend a hand where i can
Old 05-31-2011, 07:56 PM   #706
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
anyone tried the aqueon power heads yet? anyone seen them in person?
Old 05-31-2011, 08:20 PM   #707
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I have seen them, I was not impressed. lol I prefer my koralias. Can't live without the magnets....
Old 05-31-2011, 08:26 PM   #708
Aquarium Advice Addict

i've seen the aqueons, the stats seem incredibly awesome, low watt and high circulation.

when i find a wet saw to cut this glass i have to build myt new tank i'm goign to try them out and see how powerfull they really are.

i have an aqueon30 power filter and for its size it has a surprising flow rate and is extremely small. i like it better then my emperor 280, even though it has a small filter pad, i just put in some PURA pads in the baffle and it is pretty impressive
Old 05-31-2011, 10:34 PM   #709
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

The update for today is that I managed to get about 1/5th of the water in. Tomorrow is sand rinsing day and making more water. I actually managed to fill a garbage can with ro/di water, added the salt and two powerheads and voila, 30g of water. I'm using my return pump right now to get the water from my back porch to the tank in the living room. Just have to get another pump so I can do my pwc's like this too.

Overall, not a highly productive day but I got something done at least.

I do have a question though, as usual......
The fill line on my sump isn't very high, in fact it's not high enough to cover my return pump or the skimmers pump....Can I just keep a higher level in the sump?
Old 05-31-2011, 10:37 PM   #710
Aquarium Advice Addict

You should be able to keep your sump at whatever height you want.

0o.Kelsey.o0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1.5g, build, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com