Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh no, not the mandarin!! I'm so so sorry.....

You've worked so hard for them....I don't believe she's gone. :-(

One of the stars legs is completely gone now so I'll see how it is in the AM. He's still climbing around on the glass.

It must have been reading your thread and wanted to prove that it was an amazing climber with less legs... sorry I had to make the joke.

This is gona sound odd but can you test for stray voltage in your tank perhaps something is zapping them when they get to close.
I went back and looked at the pic of the dead fish it looked like some of the trout we used to zap for tagging,
we used a 12 volt batt. and two screens if they touched the screen when the charge went through it caused some blotches that looked the ones your tang had.

I never thought of stray voltage, theres not much electrical in the tank other than the powerheads. The heater is in the sump.

This is a lil off-topic but I went to petco yesterday and seen a shelf full of 40g breeders and thought of you carey lol

Ok, the update for the tank is kinda not good. I had to remove the starfish, he had just one leg left and was looking ROUGH....Also my Xenia melted last night, I'm pretty sure it's the phophates, they are at .53 AGAIN!

I think it's safe to say that the live rock I have is leeching phosphates from when I bought it. I've had this ongoing issue for months. :-( I finally got them almost under control in the 55g and now it's starting again.

Boo.....

Oh Carey, I'm sorry to hear about all this sadness that's been going on in your big tank. :(
Do you have anything that could absorb the phosphate?

I used a treatment of phosbusters, its made by the same people as purple up. I figured it can't hurt, it says see results in 72 hours. If that doesnt help I will put some GFO in the sump.

I have been planning on buying a dual reactor, one for carbon one for GFO. Just haven't gotten around to it yet. lol

Have you possibly thought of temp relocating your fish?? If you can manage it I would do it. I wouldn't wanna imagine the health of your fish if after 72 hours the phosbusters doesn't work. It'll atleast save your fish

Ohhh ok:) shows how much I know about phosphates lol either way, its a good excuse for you to buy another tank lol

Nah, I'll just get a GFO reactor. I need new light bulbs as well so I will be buying the 6 whites and the reactor by tuesday. Still debating on the bulbs.

I was intending on getting 6 ATI aquablue specials as my whites. They run at about 12000k I believe. I also prefer the blue hue.

But I am open to suggestions. :-D

I will be replacing the blues probably next month. Those are still up in the air as of now.

I'm a fan of the color the 14k's put off but that's personal preference. But 6 whites?? Wow that's not gonna be cheap. 10k's are bright as all heavens, I've never seen 12k's in person but I could only imagine. I do know the higher you go you start getting into a purplish hue

carey maybe look at 4 aquablue 2 purple plus and 6 blue plus.

i'm using KZ lamps 1 14000k white, 1 fiji purple and 2 super blues, looks really nice

IMG00143-20110623-1811.jpg

you can't really see the purple

Back
Top Bottom