Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-15-2011, 12:32 PM   #71
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to hackteck
Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
So what do youthink of this sump?

Eshopps RS 200 Berlin Style Reef Sump, for tanks 125-225 gallons - AquaCave

I don't quite understand the setup though. where does the skimmer go and is there room for a refugium area? The last chamber is for the return pump right? Or does the skimmer go in there too?

Thanks guys, I know my questions can be tedious. lol
hm thats a pretty good deal i may think about using that instead of converting my 55G just seems like too much work with all the moving and the emptying etc so then i can just sell this 55G with the lights and stand maybe

Old 05-15-2011, 01:17 PM   #72
Aquarium Advice Addict

well a wet dry uses bioballs so that right there will leech nitrates liek crazy, in a reef system the wet dry isn't really recommended.

would the remora b large enough to handle a mag3 though, the reaction chamber might be to small for the bubble contact time

Old 05-15-2011, 03:34 PM   #73
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

They sell one with the different pump, I went with the mj1200 setup cause its rated to 75g and I only had a 29g at the time.

But it says in the specs that the same unit can handle the higher flow. Just need a different baffle box for it is all.

I keep up on my system like a maniac so I think I might be able to pull off the wet/dry setup without a nitrate issue. I'm currently running 0 trates in my 55g and all I have is the skimmer and a fluval canister filter. even with the canister I'm not seeing trates.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:27 PM   #74
Aquarium Advice Addict

fair enough, its up to you but i'd still go with a fuge over a wet dry even if you do decide to keep your remora
Old 05-15-2011, 04:52 PM   #75
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Well I do already have a 10g tank setup as a pod tank. Lots of lr and cheato, live sand and all. Is it feasible to plumb that in somehow? Or am I looking at 2 separate tanks and two overflows basically?

I'm getting confused.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:06 PM   #76
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

This is the protein skimmer in question.

AquaC Remora Pro Protein Skimmer With Drain Fitting & Mag-Drive 3 Pump - AquaCave

it says to 120 in there somewhere....

I don't anticipate buying many more corals to be honest. I'm really enjoying the fish aspect more.

I may even decide to put the corals in the biocube if they fit and make it fish only but still reef friendly if I decide to go back. All the fish I have on my wish list are reef safe I think.

Heres where I am on tangs:

Definite- 1 yellow tang
maybe- Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Two Spot Bristletooth Tang
OR
Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Spotted Bristletooth Tang, Ctenochaetus truncatus
OR
Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Mimic Half Black Tang, Acanthurus chronixis

What do y'all think? I'm also kinda stuck on the schooling fish. I was thinking anthias but I've read that they eat pods and I have hopes of putting a mandarin in there eventually so I don't want anything to compete with it for food.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:13 PM   #77
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I just emailed the guy about the lights, I scraped together the $300!!! If he hasn't shipped them out yet I will be getting the Nova extreme pro. With all 12 bulbs!! It's the perfect fixture for my tank. I may have this tank up and running in a couple weeks instead of a couple months.

This is all assuming the tank doesn't leak.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:57 PM   #78
Aquarium Advice Addict

i doubt you'll have any problems with it leaking, be optimistic
Old 05-16-2011, 12:04 AM   #79
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I just CLOSED the deal on that lighting system. I can get them tomorrow or whenever I feel like driving out there. WOOT! I'm just about ready to start actually doing stuff other than water testing.

i tried the windshield epoxy, it didn't go so well, it was very drippy and wouldn't fill the hole properly. Might try it when I empty it to paint it. Also decided I'm gonna flip the tank front to the back so that the crack away and towards my front door. Plus i can paint over part of it too.

I can't wait to get these lights! I almost spent $600 on them lol
Old 05-16-2011, 12:25 AM   #80
Aquarium Advice Addict

Where did you get your lights? Did you go with the Nova T5's?

Tags
1.5g, build, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com