Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was thinking on moving some rock to look for him, but he had a habit of jamming himself into nooks and crannies so I could easily miss him. While I was there trying to move rock and see the blenny made an appearance. :-D yay. And the candy cane is still going strong. Tank took out the most expensive fish but the cheap ones seem to be fine. Now to keep them that way for a month or so. lol

Awesome, glad you found the blenny. That scooter blenny I saw at the website is cool too. Dang there are so many blenny's that are so colorful. I'm still gonna get the Blue Mandarin though. I like it the best.

Thats a good choice. I love my scooter and all but if I had known about his diet I wouldn't have purchased him. I'm gonn ahve the lfs hold the mandarin for me for a week or 2 there to make sure he's ok.

Start breeding brine shrimp or buying pods then inmate cause chances are it won't eat otherwise. If you have a fuge just provide rubble or whatever for them to breed and take a bunch out come feeding time.

It took over 15 different frozen foods for me to find stuff he eats. Mine likes bloodworms and emerald entree on occasion. have you seen yours eat yet?

I have not, I have some bloodworms ill try feeding tonight, that is if I can get past the 2 domino damsels and my niger trigger. On a funny note, I tossed a krill in today and let them play with it, my maroon and yellow clown came outta nowhere and just stole it! It made me laugh because once the clown had it, the other fish wouldn't dare try stealing it

I use a turkey baster to put the food down for the scooter. He won't go into the open water for food, he only will eat off the sand or rocks. Guess that's where the pods usually are. Is he thin looking? Mine was just AWFUL thin when I got him but I've managed to fatten him up with alot of attention. i also have to watch my water parameters because I feed 2-3 times a day so the scooter will eat.

Mines not too terribly thin, he has some meat on his bones lol. Imma try that method when I get home. Given I can find him

The 3 remain. Still. Well actually 4, if you count the candy cane goby. And they all seem fine, blenny is being a bit anti social but other than that they are all eating and going about their business.

thanks for asking...I appreciate the thought :-D

I saw the skinniest scooter at petco, I felt awful for it. I don't know how it is still alive. I looked for pods, I was going to dump it in the tank, but found none. I thought of your fat scooter.

Hmm... Am I the only one to notice this discrimination towards Candy??? Carey, why would you not count her in? She's part of the team!

I know, poor thing! It's just like a ghost fish, it lives in this huge rock on the right side of the tank and just juts out every one in awhile for a piece of food. lol candy is still cute and tiny. I so wish I could get her out of there.

Petco had about a half dozen scooters the other day, all about half an inch long and skinnier than belief. They are on special this month so I guess they are stocking em, they are like $8 each or some other awful low number.

Good to hear Carey, yeah if I woulda known of his dietary needs I wouldve def passed on him, needless to say all future fishs dietary habits are researched now :)

carey how did you handle the transfer of everything from the old to the new tank? and how long did it take you to make enough water lol

LOL. It took me 3 days to make enough water. I didn't use any of the 55g water though. I had the luxury of having both tanks up at the same time.
When i say three days, i mean 6 hours per day, thats how long it takes to fill up my 32g garbage can. :) I did it slowly, I'm sure you could speed it up.

Back
Top Bottom