Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-07-2011, 04:34 PM   #961
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to hackteck
Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
When a star goes after a coral what does it do?l
pulls out a fork and knife lol kidding most likely it will be at night when the lights are turned off

Old 06-07-2011, 04:36 PM   #962
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Interestingly, the red thorny isn't nocturnal from what i'm reading. So if it goes to sleep maybe thats my guy? He's out and about right now on my powerhead no less.....

Old 06-07-2011, 04:47 PM   #963
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Is this the red knobby?

Protoreaster lincki "Red Knobbed Starfish" - Small | Starfish | Saltwater Invertebrates | Aquarium Livestock - ThatPetPlace.com
Old 06-07-2011, 05:09 PM   #964
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to Joyler
I swear, I learn more from your threads than I could ever learn from reading a book! I hate to say it but I agree with everyone...red knobby...shoulda just bought a fish like I told you hehe
Old 06-07-2011, 05:13 PM   #965
Aquarium Advice FINatic

If you want to know right now...just place him right next to some zoanthids or whatever you have and if he starts moving on top of it, it'd be clear what he's trying to do :d

I think it's the one here, not reef safe http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...748&siteid=23&

I run electrical appliances underwater and enjoy injecting things with Kalk filled syringes.
Sarcothelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:23 PM   #966
Aquarium Advice Addict

What a cool starfish! I'd leave him and keep an eye on him, if he is constantly on your corals then I'd start worrying haha.
0o.Kelsey.o0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:30 PM   #967
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

To be honest, when I put him in I dropped him on a duncan coral. lol He just moved right off him and moved across all my zooa's to get to where he is now.

I'm thinking I'm safe on this one. Thanks for the vote of confidence Kelsey.

he is an AWESOME starfish. He is so red and his body underneath the tentacles thingees is red too! I love bright colors.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:43 PM   #968
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
To be honest, when I put him in I dropped him on a duncan coral. lol He just moved right off him and moved across all my zooa's to get to where he is now.

I'm thinking I'm safe on this one. Thanks for the vote of confidence Kelsey.

he is an AWESOME starfish. He is so red and his body underneath the tentacles thingees is red too! I love bright colors.

No problem! What was the scientific name of this guy? I'm definitely going to see if I can order one!

Edit* I found it! Echinaster echinophorus
0o.Kelsey.o0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:15 PM   #969
Aquarium Advice Addict

carey's star looks more liek it has throns like a rose bush does, not bit pointed bumps like the knob star. why do you guys scare her so much, if it starts to become a pain in her rear, the LFS salesman said he'd take it back but lets not jump to a conculsion without being 100% sure that it will kill her inverts and corals
Old 06-07-2011, 06:27 PM   #970
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to Joyler
We care about her, and we want her to be super successful...she asked our opinion

Tags
1.5g, build, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com