Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL. Everyone just bought a kole tang, hack. lefty just got one too.

My sump is 30g I think. Isn't it just easier to shut down the pumps and take water from the DT and then fill back up the DT to the overflow box?

whatever way is easier for you doenst really matter in the end

LOL. Everyone just bought a kole tang, hack. lefty just got one too.

My sump is 30g I think. Isn't it just easier to shut down the pumps and take water from the DT and then fill back up the DT to the overflow box?

I think it's just whatever you find easier, If you have the temp and salinity matched then I don't think it should matter much.

whatever way is easier for you doenst really matter in the end

Thanks hack, I appreciate the help.

And thanks everyone else for following and helping me too!! Sometimes I think I know the answer but I love to get feedback.

:-D

So no livestock goes into the 125g til ammonia settles down, what about corals? I was thinking on getting them moved over before the fish....

when i turn 18 and move out first investment me is a tank. who needs furniture right? BTW carey that Craigslist app is killing me 55g tank + stand $100 everything included lights filter heater gah but guess who dosnt have the cash or space for a 55!

your telling me i just dont have the space or cash at my moms im trying to push my dad to get a tank here but theres also little to no space here either

Keep watching CL, youre bound to find something saltwater like. Whether it be fish or corals or a used light. You never know.

carey said:
Keep watching CL, youre bound to find something saltwater like. Whether it be fish or corals or a used light. You never know.

29g cube tank + stand and lights $150 it all boils down to me not having space

I would hold off on corals as well. The rock die off and the tang will create enough ammonia to cycle the tank. Once you are seeing zero for ammonia and nitrite your system will be cycled, I would wait a week just to be safe. Then I would move one or two fish at a time and monitor parameters. I would add the.corals last so you can be sure there won't be parameter swings. I wouldn't worry about the busted skimmer on the 55, many people run systems without one at all.

I would hold off on corals as well. The rock die off and the tang will create enough ammonia to cycle the tank. Once you are seeing zero for ammonia and nitrite your system will be cycled, I would wait a week just to be safe. Then I would move one or two fish at a time and monitor parameters. I would add the.corals last so you can be sure there won't be parameter swings. I wouldn't worry about the busted skimmer on the 55, many people run systems without one at all.

Yeah I was worried about keeping stuff in the 55g since I now have no skimmer and there is only maybe 20lbs of LR left in there.

I think I will wait a few days, test frequently and see where I am at. I guess I will wait on moving the corals as well. :-(

Thanks evil

No problem, like I said before, better safe then sorry. Losses can be $$$ in this hobby.

lol I got my yellow tang from Petco as well. It looked healthy and I've had him in my 55 for 4 months now and he looks his happiest to me. He hid for the first 2 weeks but now he swims in every spot of the tank. I feed mine flakes and pellets.

Cool. Good to know. :) Mine is slowly getting enough nerve up, I can see her swimming all over the tank right this second but if i get up zoom away she goes to hide.

Do you feed algae sheets and seaweed?

I used to when I first got mine because she rejected everything but seaweed. Now I only feed her seaweed once in a while since I go and get it alive from my LFS

Back
Top Bottom