Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Naw... it's over the phone and they don't like to deal direct with the consumer very often... probably the real reason I didn't get it was that there was a high demand by stores and they get first dibs. Also it doesn't come to my door... I have to drive 45 min to the airport to get it.

I'm still tweaking my stocking list. :)

I was gonna get a golden midas blenny but I read that they actually bite and can pick on gobies?

https://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+23+83&pcatid=83

I'm trying to figure out what day to get my fish. I just added the 55g livestock over Thursday so I wanted to give it a few days, sound good?

I fixed the flow on my overflow by filling it up but now the water is overflowing the filter sock. Should I take out the filter sock and rinse it, it's got some goo on it but not too much.

Just trying to get this running nice and smooth.....LOL

40 nassarius snails will starve to death.

You think so? I have 20 in my biocube and they do fine. I also feed the cube alot more though, so I guess that helps.

How many would you have gotten? I happen to like the snails alot, just not the other snails. lol I really like watching them come out during feeding time. :)

You have 20 in your cube! I have like 4 lol and I thought that was a lot.

I wouldn't worry about the midas blenny, I have never heard of anyones picking on gobys, mine sure doesn't. The next line also states that this behaviour is often witnessed only in smaller tanks, you will be fine with the 125.

i have 4 in my 26 also, nassarius snails can slow their metabolism if they aren't gettign enough food and can live for a few months because of it but still 20 is alot and probabl won't get enough food for them all to survive :(

Well I got 40 coming lol. That was the recommended amount in their cleaner pack too. I just don't like other snails. The 20 have been in my cube since I started it, trust me, the way I feed they are def not starving. :) I put half a cube of bloodworms in with the flow off and five minutes later it's all off the sandbed.

don't go by those "cleaner pack" things. those are just for marketing purposes. they lie so you have to buy more stuff...and then when they die from starvation, they tell you to buy more!

I've never seen my Midas pick on anybody. Doesn't even hang out in the same area as my goby. I thought it was the canary blenny that would bite.

don't go by those "cleaner pack" things. those are just for marketing purposes. they lie so you have to buy more stuff...and then when they die from starvation, they tell you to buy more!

Yeah, the last cleaner pack I bought for my 55g I got the 25g pack for and still had way way too many snails. I thought I'd be smart this time and just get what I liked. lol

Thanks for the input guys, unfortunately I ordered already. :-( I'll be on the look out for dying snails though. I don't want anything to go hungry in my tanks.

I've never seen my Midas pick on anybody. Doesn't even hang out in the same area as my goby. I thought it was the canary blenny that would bite.

I've been looking at the golden midas blenny, has bright big blue eyes. :)

Maybe I'll revisit it after I get my first shipment of fish.

i'd personally stick with the 12 lamp you can hosue whatever corals you want, save electricity and you can play with the colors more to give it the look you want.

there is also been debates around thta T5s put out higher PAR ratings, but at the same time who knows how true that is as

Back
Top Bottom