Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep, all the shrimp are moving around and the sea hare is good too. I haven't noticed anything different with the corals, all opening normally. Well, except for my duncan, I need to move it, too much flow LOL

Here are some pictures, the tangs are already swimming together! The yellow is a big larger than I had wanted but out of all the yellows they had today this one was my favorite.

img_1397925_0_04627cf42bed7f5dd88bb9f3f52931a2.jpg

img_1397925_1_4fc46de59bfdd2934be2e7fe9b6657d6.jpg

img_1397925_2_fdeb9d5cd4c8023003fd00d67218790a.jpg

Thanks so much everyone!!

The new Tang is eating like a pig! excellent! Him and the Kole are inseparable for now. can't wait to get the others. maybe end of next week for the tomini and the following week for the caribbean blue.

mr_X said:
i must get a tank going quickly!!!!! this living my hobby through others thing is not cutting it!

+1 I feel ya, I thought going a few weeks without one wouldn't be a big deal, I was WRONG.

For now I have my stocking plan so I'm gonna try to tweak my sump. :)

I still have mad overflow in the filter sock, was wondering if i can change it to a 2 sock type of system? Also, the higher the water level in the tank the faster the overflow goes so I could drop the tank level a bit but I'd like to have the gph that the system is rated for.

I'll get a picture up in a little bit.

Any ideas guys?

And by the way, I love my new tangs. They are chasing and playing in the rocks, I gotta get a video of these guys, so awesome!

try and get larger micron filter socks, and try not to double them up, you were supposed to get pics to see if you could put them side by side

Last edited:
It's still breaking in i suppose. i haven't found the sweet spot on it yet. LOL

I'm thinking I'm gonna move the remora over, it should fit in with the other skimmer.

the sock looks pretty grungy, try replacing it and see if it still does it, but get a sock that doesn't have such a low micron rating, it will just get plugged up faster, and try not to keep live rock in the sock, leave the rock in the refugium section and leave the sock for carbon(chemipure) if you deside to use it in your system

Back
Top Bottom